DCAs made me ill

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone,

You would not beleive this but I have been looking at the Cabot letter what I thought was for a credit card but it say on there letter i.e type of account Motor Loan.

Can you just advise going down the CCA route is the right course of action since it could be for something complete different than I thought. Mind you it would be a good because it would clear up any missunderstanding.

Can anyone tell if this is the right way to go!!!!!!!!

Hi everyone,

You would not beleive this but I have been looking at the Cabot letter what I thought was for a credit card but it say on there letter i.e type of account Motor Loan.

Can you just advise going down the CCA route is the right course of action since it could be for something complete different than I thought. Mind you it would be a good because it would clear up any missunderstanding.

Can anyone tell if this is the right way to go!!!!!!!!

If the value of the initial loan was less than £25k (taken out pre 2007) then it would still be covered by the Consumer Credit Act and hence, you would CCA in the same way as for a credit card. Post April 2007, the £25k limit was lifted.

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

If the value of the initial loan was less than £25k (taken out pre 2007) then it would still be covered by the Consumer Credit Act and hence, you would CCA in the same way as for a credit card. Post April 2007, the £25k limit was lifted.

Thank-you so much WalshMam. The oringal lone was for 15,000 so I have follow the right course of action without knowing it. Thank you so much again puts my mind at rest. Just have to wait for Cabot to actully inform me as to what the loan was for.

Thank-you so much WalshMam. The oringal lone was for 15,000 so I have follow the right course of action without knowing it. Thank you so much again puts my mind at rest. Just have to wait for Cabot to actully inform me as to what the loan was for.

You're welcome!!;)

Just don't let the little bankers grind you down...ok?!!!:D

If you feel I've helped then by all means click my star to the left...a simple "thank you" costs nothing! ;)

Restons MBNA -v- WelshMam

MBNA Cards

CitiCard

M&S and More

Hi everyone,

This is the lates on my CCA to the following Mackenzie Hall returned my letter and postal order saying that they are no longer in control and have passed the debt back to the orignial owners. I take it until I hear something about the debt forget about it??

The other companies of Cabot, 1st credit, Robinson Way have not produced the CCA and its now 15 days since request. Therefore, I have sent the next letter saying that the account is in Dispute until the original documentation is produced. I beleive I have followed the right course of action.

Could some one tell me if a court order is made for the Sum of £288 at £1 a month can a company say Bryan Carter buy the debt then force you to pay £667 for the same debt of which there is a court order for??????? This is very confusing to me!!!!!

Hi everyone,

This is the lates on my CCA to the following Mackenzie Hall returned my letter and postal order saying that they are no longer in control and have passed the debt back to the orignial owners. I take it until I hear something about the debt forget about it??

The other companies of Cabot, 1st credit, Robinson Way have not produced the CCA and its now 15 days since request. Therefore, I have sent the next letter saying that the account is in Dispute until the original documentation is produced. I beleive I have followed the right course of action.

Could some one tell me if a court order is made for the Sum of £288 at £1 a month can a company say Bryan Carter buy the debt then force you to pay £667 for the same debt of which there is a court order for??????? This is very confusing to me!!!!!

That's not possible. I'm sure even BC wouldn't try that, but you never :rolleyes:know

That's not possible. I'm sure even BC wouldn't try that, but you never :rolleyes:know

Babybear,

They have I'm living proof. I have been going through my bank account which I use for paying bills and I noticed that I seemed to be paying more than I was sending CCA too....

So, looked at paperwork going back to 2005 May and sure enough Bryan Carter have done that I recieved silly I know a CCJ from Capital One for the massive sum of £288 this inclued the credit card money owned and court costs. At the same time Bryan Carter sent letters saying that I owed at first £535.62 then a month later £605. Then a month later £645.62.

Now, on the 24rd June 2005 Northampton County Court mad a Judgement for Claiment for £288 (as above) . I have been paying for 4 years the sume of £1 per month which if my caluclation are correct I only owe around £240.

Can someone please tell me what I surposed to do ????????????????????????

PLEASE

Then in

Report BC to the SRA and the OFT. Tell the issuing court as well.

OK, I can do that without a problem I will keep paying the £1 so they is no come back.

I all so found something else with another company not going to say who will call them company A but this is what has happen.

Company A took over a debt from a catolgue company and for 23 months the letter I recieved from them stated the account number etc. Then there was no monthly statement from for 4 months the next state I received the account number the reference number and money owed was the same. The thing that had change was the name of the company who the money was owed too. I have left it and did not enquiry who I was paying at all. Since company has the same account infor for 2 different debts surley neither are enforceable. Yes have CCA got any thoughts??????????

Bryan C company can someone help me write a letter to them. I have the CCJ as mentioned earlier back in 2005 but noticed that the CCJ was for £288 and BC are charging me £645.62p.

Can some one suggest what I should write to them to clarify the situation.

I Thought something along these lines.

Dear Sirs,

Re: Account *************

Please could you provide a breakdown of payment which you have received on the above account, which has the following court order number **********.

The reason seems that there is a huge discrepancy between the Court Order and what your company state is owned on the account from your last communication with me.

I want to clarify the situation a soon as possible.

Your sincerely,

M*********

So sorry, to hear about your problems!

First things first, this is only about money;

your life is more important than mere money.

Therefore, you need to take little steps and deal with each matter individually.

First step, make Subject Access Requests to all the Banks mentioned, that way you will be able to ascertain what unfair penalty charges have been levied and then start the process of claiming them back.

I would also suggest that you take a look at the Payment Protection Forum, in order that you can obtain assistance re: PPI.

Re: DLC, Hillsden, Robinson Way, Mackenzie Hall and Cabot, carry on with your Section 78 CCA '74 Requests but head up your letters with:

ACCOUNT IN DISPUTE.

I Hope the above will be of some comfort to you and remember, not to despair, as there are many members on here that will assist you.

AC

x

Hi AC,

I would love to hear from you I have addressed all the DCA with CCA and all but two have answered acknolwedging they don't have the paperwork. In responce I have sent them the Account is Dispute and it worked stop payment to 5 of the DCA and just waiting to see if they contiue with there agressiveness. Thanks to everyone here. I would like your help again I have 2 more issues well 2 CCJ the smallest I am trying to deal with myself but if I need help I will as the forum again.

The main and has alway been bigest problem is with Barclays and the Loan with the PPI, which I took out pre June 2005. I have read the PPI thread and read if I was miss sold the PPI and believe you me I was.

Just have one problem I do not have my PPI number just throw all the documents away when Barclays just refused to acknowledge or honer. The CAB also said dead and gone.

The JJC with Barclays was for the loan with the PPI if they had honered their agreement I would not have the CCJ or be paying a £1 month on a debt of £4000+ It would not excist.

What do I have to do in order to make a claim? Can I still make a claim without the PPI number.

The preson who sold the PPI just explain that it was personal insurance on the loan and would be paid off if anything happen to me and would cost X amout per month over the life of the loan. That was it

Can you make a suggestion about how to deal with the PPI.

Kind regards

Lss017

they are NOT permitted to vary the terms of the CCJ just because they want to extort more money from you

So the letters they sent were for want of a better phrase unenforceable and I only owe the small amount on the CCJ. That's great!! I know its only a small amount but can I write to them and ask what they would take for final setellment of the am out owing.

Hi lss017, All you need to pay Bryan Carter is the CCJ amount of £288.

He did his old trick of only going for part of the alleged debt, that’s his problem. He cant go back to court for more. If he does we will give you a defence, he will then discontinue the claim and you will be able to get some or all you have paid him in costs.

All you need send Carter it this-- Please send me a statement of account.

He has to send one on request, and then you can work out how much you have left to pay.

Hi lss017, All you need to pay Bryan Carter is the CCJ amount of £288.

He did his old trick of only going for part of the alleged debt, that’s his problem. He cant go back to court for more. If he does we will give you a defence, he will then discontinue the claim and you will be able to get some or all you have paid him in costs.

All you need send Carter it this-- Please send me a statement of account.

He has to send one on request, and then you can work out how much you have left to pay.

Dear Rev.ian,

It was begaining to struggle a little for help with this issue. Now I know I have to send a letter and what to request. I will be doing that as you are reading.

Lss017

I am in the same boat with Carter. I have paid the CCJ and will see what he does now. I am well off as the debt was £3000 and he only went for £300.

what an idiot!!

he can do what he likes,but if he tries again it's abuse of process,and apart from not being permitted,is seriously frowned on by the judiciary

his stupidity is his downfall,fortunately

I am in the same boat with Carter. I have paid the CCJ and will see what he does now. I am well off as the debt was £3000 and he only went for £300.

OK, I have wrote the letter its in the envelop with 2 second class stamps on so that he will get it :-). Mind you the stamps have been stuck on with glue they were found on the street next to some doggy dodo:grin:. Just have to wait and see what happens.

How come he only went for such a small about when it was for so much!! All the DCA I have had dealings with have tripped what they said I owed. Not the revers WHAT'S YOUR SECRET?

He regularly makes 'split claims' via northamptonn bulk centre. The claim covers his costs but shafts his clients allegedly.

Just a thought could I ask or offer a final settlement of 10% of the order, everyone else tries. Just wondering it taking such a long time to pay off he would settle for a small and final sum????:grin:

• 2 weeks later...

Dear Babybear and Re.Ian,

I have recieved a reply back for statement of accounts from Bryan Cater and you would never guess what they have stated in the letter. According to them the Debt was for £535 in feb 2005. They have added a claim ment fee of £20 a Claim Cost £50 a Judgement Cost of £40 intotal £645.62p.

The statment detail all the payment made including the ones I never sent at this point I owe them accounding to thier Statement of Account is £600.62p

There is no mention of the CCJ at the orignial amount of £288 and how it was it was workout.

Can you now advise as to what I do know with Bryan Carter should I write back is so what should I say?? this is new growned to me I have never dealt with a company who does not obay the finding of a british court.