two tickets in 2 days for parking on single yellow lines, sounds stupid i know

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5516 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hey all,

i live in an area which has recently been built up, alot of new flats have been sold and in a short space of time alot of people have moved into the area, but no extra parking has been provided meaning most nights im forced to park on a single yellow line, which by law i can park on between the hours of 6pm-8pm. the car is usually moved by 8.30 as that is when i leave for work, however yesterday when i left my house at 8.30 i found a parking ticket which had been issued 5 minutes early, wasn't too happy but was prepared to pay it. when i got back fom work still no parking available so i parked in the same spot (stupid i know) assuming that as i'd been parking there for so long previously what were the chances of te patrolmen doing the same roads 2 days in a row, but desided i would try and leave early just incase. so i got out of my house at 08.08 only to find that a second ticket had been issued. the partolman had spotted my car at 08.01 and issued the ticket at 08.06, im guessin the a***ole had spotted my car even before his shift began and just wanted to teach me a lesson.

now the first ticket is bad enough but the second ticket and the timing of it really p***ed me off and ive decided to contest it. i was wondering if anybody could give me some advice, thanks

the council is bristol and i was parked on one yellow line, (just went out to have a look at the parking restrictions sign and it is highly faded and barely visable unless you stand right up close directly infront of it)

any advice would be most appreciated

I disagree.

for a council ticket to hold up three things must be true.

the wording of the PCN must comply with statute.

the signs and lines must be compliant.

the TRO must be valid.

some councils fail on all three but failing on any of them is enough. we need to see pictures of the PCN (suitably washed of personal details) and of the sings and lines to start with

You parked in contavention fo the signage. You have no defence.

Your posts don't generally seem to offer any help Britainsworstdriver. As my mam used to say, if you ain't got anything good to say, don't say anything at all." :)

You parked in contavention fo the signage. You have no defence.

A bit of a sweeping statement I think. Lamma is quite correct. You may be lucky - get the old PCN up for everyone to have a butchers.

TFT

09/07/09 :)Business Studies BA(Hons) 2:1:)

eCar Insurance overpayment - £325

Settled in full - 15/09/08

NatWest Student A/C bank charges - £260

Settled under hardship scheme - 08/06/09

Natwest Business A/C bank charges - £60

Settled in full as GOGW - 20/04/09

Santander Consumer Finance late payment fees - £60

Part settled for £48 - 01/03/08

Peugeot Finance late payment fees - £50

Settled in full before county court hearing - 01/09/09

Peugeot Finance overpayment of £247

Settled in full - 01/12/08