style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

we recently had a visit from a balif and they have said if we dont pay them £320 by the 25th of this month (april) then they are going to take me to court and i will be faceing a prison sentence they will be takin him court coz the debt is in my name i am so scared were on benefits and struggling to get the cash together and cant get a loan to pay it we have got three children and my girfriend is 4 month pregnant and this is now causing me alot of stress i just need to know if there is anything we can do.

Don't worry about the prison sentence. That is only reserved for persistent offenders who have the means to pay but don't do so. This is simply a threat to try and frighten you.

Were you aware of the matter going to court? If so what did you do about it at the time?

Have you considered making payments monthly? I know this won't solve past problems but it might help you avoid difficulties in the future.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Hi

Just a quick reply as I'm about to give my boys their Breakfast!

Firstly the Bailiff is being nothing more than a nasty Bully and just trying to scare you into paying.

Secondly as your Girlfriend is Pregnant then she is classed as a Vulnerable person so the Bailifs should not be visiting your property due to the stress it may cause her.

I'm 29 weeks pregnant and when the great people on this board adised me of that and I told the Bailiff coming to my house my position he hasn't been back since.

Third, I'm not 100% but if you are on Benefits then that's another reason they are not allowed to pay you a visit.

Speak to CAB a.s.a.p and for now if the Bailiff turns up don't open the door to him or even say a word, he has no right ot enter your home.

I'm sure someone will verify what I've said in more detail soon.

Got to go, 2 hungry boys demanding breakfast!

Good luck

Lisa

thanks for all your help i've phoned the balif 2day and he said he cant come around because my girlfriend is pregant and if he was to come around he would be breakin the law. lol just got to wait for a letter of the balif for a courts sum's