Aqua halifax credit card

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4784 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

DCAs can have an address wherever they like, especially when it is a PO Box.

The important thing to realise is that FIRE is part of Cabot. That fact is proved by their registered address under the Data Protection Act.

They are one and the same, no matter what "front" company they decide to use at any given time.

so what is the point in passing it to another desk just because they are not getting anywere with me , if they think it will frighten me they are wrong , i wish they would just start court action against me and get it over with , i have have enough false paperwork and lies from them to have a field day in court ( i hope )

so what is the point in passing it to another desk just because they are not getting anywere with me , if they think it will frighten me they are wrong , i wish they would just start court action against me and get it over with , i have have enough false paperwork and lies from them to have a field day in court ( i hope )

They do it because they think another scary name with scare people who dont know better. When i rang them they just wouldnt admit they were the same company, was really funny!

They do it because they think another scary name with scare people who dont know better. When i rang them they just wouldnt admit they were the same company, was really funny!

What is rule No.1 ..........................

Don't speak to DCAs on the phone!:p

it can be fun talking to monkeys on the phone just make sure you withhold your number when you call , i still don't see the point in passing account from one desk to another though , normal thinking people would either go for the throat or give up ,

I only do because i love winding up the phone monkeys and know what i am doing. Start of having a conversation then it ends up totally on its head. The phone monkey has to keep pausing as they dont know what to say

i still don't see the point in passing account from one desk to another though , normal thinking people would either go for the throat or give up ,

What gave you the idea that Cabot or any DCA for that matter would employ normal thinking people, or even know how a normal person thinks?:D

They are in a league of their own for creative thinking and don't seem to work to any predictable pattern of behaviour regarding when court action is instigated allegedly .

The jury is still on out on whether this is actually tactics or due to mass insanity or hysteria on their part- allegedly:lol:

Personally speaking, I think this rule only applies to newbies and people who do

not have that much knowledge or confidence yet. I love speaking to them on the phone because I can turn them inside out.

Last time I spoke to Cabot, the first thing the monkey said was he couldn't

discuss the account ("alleged account" I added before he carried on) as I refused to give out any security details...The conversation still went on for 15 minutes though...idiots!!

Just hate every DCA out there

Under the Information Commissioner's rules, the address that a Limited company uses on the ICO web-site must be their address registered with Companies House, not a contact address. FIRE have published their contact address, not their registered address.

I have checked this with the ICO helpdesk.

As far as I can see FIRE are therefore in breach of the rules so can be liable for fines etc.

I have pointed this out to them but they ignored me and recently (10th Jan) renewed their licence with the same flaw.

"Data controller’s address

If you are a limited company you must provide your registered office address and in all other cases you must provide the address of your principal place of business. If there is no place of business (eg for a small local voluntary body), you should provide the address of the official who has completed the form."

As a limited company they are not complying and are in breach of the notification rules. They should not be processing your (or my) data.

This is their Companies House registered address:

FINANCIAL INVESTIGATIONS AND RECOVERIES (EUROPE) LIMITED

UNIT 5 MITCHELL COURT CASTLE MOUND WAY

CENTRAL PARK

RUGBY

WARWICKSHIRE

CV23 0UYPrevious Names: Date of change Previous Name 05/05/2000 GOLDENBRIGHT LIMITED 14/03/2005 KINGS HILL (NO.2) LIMITED

Write to the ICO and complain.

Then tell FIRE that any data they have dealt with was processed unlawfully so you can't talk to them.

Beaten:

RBS: £4,500

AMEX: £4,200

Barclaycard Visa: £12,100

Barclaycard M/Card: £12,600

(Including the numerous DCAs they have set on me.)

PPI reclaims (into my bank account): £25,000

recieved another letter from fire big letters MAKE US A REASONABLE OFFER it states as a final attempt to resolve this will consider any sensible full and final offers or any sensible payment plan , are they desperate or is this realy the last letter before court

i'm personaly hoping to go to to court with them , i have so much naff paperwork from them i could make some free money out of my expenses claim , 2 years writing letters and research plus any other expenses acumulated from now , could be a small fortune , bring it on i will extinguish there fire

• 3 weeks later...

right recieved another letter from these morons today , despite sending them the letter telling them they would be trespassing if a colector turned up , they now state immediate payment required or a doorstep collector will call , how now do i respond ?

right recieved another letter from these morons today , despite sending them the letter telling them they would be trespassing if a colector turned up , they now state immediate payment required or a doorstep collector will call , how now do i respond ?

Scary isn't it:cool:

If they show up I'll pay your debt.

DCA have letter templates when they don't get the reponse they want they just cut & paste your details into the next level up scary letter.

its true.

Anyway being sensible if anyone does show up tell them to get stuffed and slam door preferable in there face.

reading your thread I reckon if they wanted to go for court they would have done so already

We live in an unmoderated country why should the net be any different?

Bring back free speech we miss it!

i'll hold you to that , the last debt collector that turned up at my house lost his rag with me and as he was walking down the path called me a tosser , lol , its probabley a word he is used to hearing