• Tweets

• Feeling tempted to cancel it now but scared that some of the debts will do more Ccj on me and I'll have to wait 6 years again.  2 of the Ccj come of this year and then I'll only have the iva in credit file - so effectivly if I'd have not took out the iva I 2021 I'd have clear score by now - but then again would I because I would have been hounded the last 3 years so as bad as it is it's saves me lots of headaches whilst my debt was still within the 6 year mark.  I think most of them are near there but in all honesty no point chasing them if I do cancel iva I'd jjst wait for the ones who contact me and then start the relevant letter process on them.  Of over 6 years easy if not still possible to write off.    My true victory would be having the iva wiped off my credit file as misold or something that way I. Don't have to wait till 2027 Other option is to fight back and ask for them to offer the creditors to accept payments so far and use the following method    Will your IVA firm agree to complete your IVA on the basic of funds paid to date? The Guidance lists a lot of factors to be considered in deciding whether a settlement on the basis of funds paid to date should be proposed. You should read the list. But that may not give you any feel for whether they apply to you or not. The following are my thoughts on when an IVA should be treated as settled, not failed. They assume that you have £75 or less to pay a month: if you would currently qualify for a Debt Relief Order, then your IVA should be settled now  There is no point in making your IVA fail and you have to apply for a DRO – it will not generate another penny for your creditors. If you are renting and owe less than £50,000, check the DRO criteria now and talk to National Debtline on 0808 808 4000 about whether you qualify. You may have been told at the start of your IVA that you aren’t eligible – still check now as the DRO criteria have changed, your situation has got worse, and some people were given incorrect information about DROs at the start. if you have no assets that would be realised in bankruptcy (eg a house with equity, car worth over £2000), then your IVA should be settled now Same as (1), there is no point in making you apply for bankruptcy after your IVA fails. if your only asset is a car that is worth less than £8000, then your IVA should be settled now A car that is worth say £5000 would normally be sold in bankruptcy and you would be given a small amount to buy a cheaper car. But your creditors would not get any benefit from this as the Insolvency Service takes the first £8000 raised to cover its own costs. if you have significant assets, the closer you are to the end of the IVA, the less reasonable it is to fail it If you have been paying your IVA for 4 years, you have done your best over a long period. It isn’t your fault you can no longer continue. The fact you may have had equity to release isn’t relevant as that simply isn’t going to be possible. if your situation will clearly improve soon, then it’s unlikely your IVA will be settled I mean real improvements, not hoping that prices fall. If I can get them to accept payment to date or threaten with cancellation hopefully they may accept it -    Other option is to try and borrow money and pay make a full and final offer    Or I can just ignore and hope for the best which I'm very tempted to do especially if they respond to my review with bullying tactics despite me being skint as a fart with no mortgage as renting    It's so stressful but I've just checked the iva agreement from 2021 and it's Cabot 2 account Lowel about 5 accounts and then lots of repeats of the same debt with for example zopa and Cabot same amount listed twice -  also loyyds banks but I'm sure that's older than 6 years and not on credit file anyway    If I can somehow remove the iva from my creitt file I'd be happy   
    • Sorry I meant credit fix - I really wish I'd known this before - kicking myself right now  If they come back to me asking for more money I'll cancel it and start trying to deal with the debt myself let's see what they say 
    • India has one of the world's fastest growing economies but the benefits are yet to fully reach the poorest.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Black Horse have issued a court date for possession of my car Please HELP

Guest suziedarkness
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest suziedarkness

Cosalt, Peterbard and Goldlay, I am here, I just have been trying to cook my kids dinner with my head like mush :)

Ok in order to your questions, a copy of the cca was posted on an original thread about the situation here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/168115-mathematicians-needed-help-credit.html

its on post#13

The account was upto date when I requested the VT. I have been in arrears in the past occasionally, but always caught up before next payments due and it was only in the last5 months before then that I started struggling.

I have had a letter from solicitors, it was delivered to my work but I am off this week and a colleague has forwarded it onto me so I should have it tom orrow. My friend said it had a barnet postmark which is where they are based. I am assuming it is a reply to my CPR request.

I have coppies of all the letters sent to them and dates that they were received from Black Horse

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest suziedarkness

I need to post my defence tomorrow, I cannot take it as it is not local.

Guest suziedarkness

Goldlady, I forgot to say. They did eventually send me a copy of CCA . They ignored my reminders and in the end I telephoned them and they denyed having received my previous letters. They did then send a copy out eventually but its a bit of a rubbish copy.

I actually make the default notice 2 days out. I read a thread on here somewhere that had a link to a site that was something to do with the government or something and it clearly stated that if a default notice was sent by 2nd class post, it was deemed to be served on the debtor 4 working days AFTER the day of posting. I tried to explain this to the trading standards woman and she basically told me I was talking rubbish. I cant for the life of me find this bit of info now, I thought id bookmarked it. If anyone knows where I can find it again I would be so happy. :)

Hi Suzie,

This isn't a subject I can help on.

However, to give you the best chance of getting the defence in to the court, make sure you have their fax number ready to use, so you can get the defence filed, even if it's after office hours tomorrow.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi s

i have just gone through the agreemtnRepayments

1 At 150.27

57 at 150.27

1 including fee at 225.27

Tap including deposit of 10291

APR 16.54%

This is ok all the fees are in the right places and i was depressed BUt

now i see you paid the fee of 145 in with the first payment as an addition is that right.

Yousee in order to tget the APR stated above, the fee has already been included wihin the total charge for crdit and spread amongs the paymnets.

So you will have paid it twice.

The effect of this would make the APR rise to 17.75%

So you have two major arguments one is that the APR is incorrect this is a major flaw and may get your agreement adjusted by the court and certainly makes it enforceabe only by an order of the court under section 65 of the adt but it also keans that your payments are incorrect and these are a prescribed term which as you know in an agreement dated before the 6 april 2007 woud render the agreement unenforceable under section 127(3) of the act.

Best thing is you will be able to prove it with yur bank statement first debit.

Good luck Peter

Peter

VT against welcome finance costs returned

Refund against jetline travel

Caital one settled 6th November

N1 Filed Yorkshire Bank 26/09/06

£677+£172int.+£80Chgs acknowledgemment of claim recieved 29th/09,Defence recieved 27th October Recieved AO 30t hOctt Settled in Full 8th December

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

peterbardView Public ProfileSend a private message to peterbardFind More Posts by peterbard

reply.gif

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES TO COLD CALLERS PROMISING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Hi s

i have just gone through the agreemtnRepayments

1 At 150.27

57 at 150.27

1 including fee at 225.27

Tap including deposit of 10291

APR 16.54%

This is ok all the fees are in the right places and i was depressed BUt

now i see you paid the fee of 145 in with the first payment as an addition is that right.

Yousee in order to tget the APR stated above, the fee has already been included wihin the total charge for crdit and spread amongs the paymnets.

So you will have paid it twice.

The effect of this would make the APR rise to 17.75

This is a slightly complicted argument because the agreement itself is correct if the repayments were taken as they should. So you will have to prove that they were not

So you have two major arguments one is that the APR is incorrect this is a major flaw and may get your agreement adjusted by the court and certainly makes it enforceabe only by an order of the court under section 65 of the adt but it also keans that your payments are incorrect and these are a prescribed term which as you know in an agreement dated before the 6 april 2007 woud render the agreement unenforceable under section 127(3) of the act.

Best thing is you will be able to prove it with yur bank statement first debit.

Good luck Peter

Peter

VT against welcome finance costs returned

Refund against jetline travel

Caital one settled 6th November

N1 Filed Yorkshire Bank 26/09/06

£677+£172int.+£80Chgs acknowledgemment of claim recieved 29th/09,Defence recieved 27th October Recieved AO 30t hOctt Settled in Full 8th December

user_online.gifreputation.gif report.gif progress.gifedit.gif quote.gif multiquote_off.gif quickreply.gif

peterbardView Public ProfileSend a private message to peterbardFind More Posts by peterbard

reply.gif

Edited by Dodgeball

DO NOT PAY UPFRONT FEES FOR COSTLY TELEPHONE CONSULTATIONS WITH SO CALLED "EXPERTS" THEY INVARIABLY ARE NOTHING OF THE SORT

BEWARE OF QUICK FIX DEBT SOLUTIONS, IF IT LOOKS LIKE IT IS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT INVARIABLY IS

Guest suziedarkness

no Peter you are wrong.

Initially I thought I had paid the £145 with the first payment but I did not.

The agreement states:

One repayment of £150.27 payable 1 month after the date of this agreement, followed by 58 monthly repayments each of £150.27 and one final repayment of £225.27 which includes the purchase fee.

Total 60 payments alltogether.

The £145.00 acceptance fee has been rolled into the payments which I believe is ok but someone said it looks like they have charged interest on it which is a nono as in Wilson V FCT. Now I dont know if this is the case but a few people on here have looked at the figures and said that something does not seem right. I tried using Dualcal and I couldnt make head nor tale of it.

I did write to black horse in january querying the figures but they have just ignored my letter as usual.

Any other thoughts Peter, what about the DN being out?

Suzie

Hi there,

To be effective, a default notice must give 14 days after service to allow the debtor to remedy.

A useful post about default notices - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/legal-issues/165197-default-notice-re-issue.html

Also, for date of deemed service, you have a choice of whether to use the Council Tax Manual 1985 -

Council Tax Manual - Section 3 - Appendix 3.6 - Service of documents by post

Appendix 3.6 - Service of documents by post

All Text Amended

1. Interpretation Act 1978, Section 7

This states:-

"7. Where an Act authorises or requires any document to be served by post (whether the expression "serve" or the expressions "give" or "send" or any other expression is used) then, unless the contrary intention appears, the service is deemed to be effected by properly addressing, pre-paying and posting a letter containing the document and, unless the contrary is proved, to have effected at the time at which the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post."

2. Practice Direction

Service of Documents - First and Second Class Mail

"With effect from 16 April 1985 the Practice Direction issued on 30 July 1968 is hereby revoked and the following is substituted therefore.

1. Under S7 of the Interpretation Act 1978 service by post is deemed to have been effected, unless the contrary has been proved, at the time when the letter would be delivered in the ordinary course of post.

2. To avoid uncertainty as to the date of service it will be taken (subject to proof to the contrary) that delivery in the ordinary course of post was effected:-

(a) in the case of first class mail, on the second working day after posting;

(b) in the case of second class mail, on the fourth working day after posting.

"Working days" are Monday to Friday, excluding any bank holiday.

3. Affidavits of service shall state whether the document was dispatched by first or second class mail. If this information is omitted it will be assumed that second class mail was used.

4. This direction is subject to the special provisions of RSC Order 10, rule 1(3) relating to the service of originating process.

8 March 1985

J R BICKFORD SMITH Senior Master

Queen's Bench Division

or the Interpretation Act 1978.

or The Interpretation Act 1978

Interpretation Act 1978.doc

Edited by supasnooper
editing

Guest suziedarkness

Supasnooper, thats what i was looking for, thankyou, i knew i hadnt imagined it. Stupid woman at trading standards basically told me i was making it up!! :-)

Guest suziedarkness

I need to get something off today for my defence so I have made a start, bearing in mind dont have a clue what im doing I have pinched pieces from other defences.

Would appreciate is anyone can pass comment, add or take adont anything away. I dont know what else to do. I feel so alone and out of my depth. :(

1 The Defendant admits entering into a hire purchase agreement with the Claimant in relation to the goods set out at paragraph 6 of the Particulars of Claim and which was regulated by The Consumer Credit Act 1974 (The Act). No admissions are made as to the terms, conditions or other provisions of the agreement and the extent to which the Claimant may have complied therewith and the extent to which the Defendant may not have complied therewith. Further and alternatively, it is denied that the agreement was properly executed and/or is now enforceable in whole or in part.

2 On 7th September 2008, the Defendant notified the Claimant in written form that due to a change in his circumstances, he wished to terminate the agreement as was his legal right.

3 The Claimant responded to the Defendants request, also in written form on the 11th September 2008, advising the Defendant that he should pay a further £254.22 to the Claimant to exercise his rights to voluntarily terminate the agreement. This amount was referred to by the Claimant as a liability figure.

4 The Defendant denied having to pay any further sums to the Claimant to terminate the agreement. The terms and conditions under the agreement state that no further sums will become due upon termination as long as half the total amount payable under the agreement had been received, this figure being £5145.60.

5 To date the total amount payable by the Defendant is £6,009.56

6 Without prejudice to the generality of the facts and matters set out at paragraph 1, on 9th October 2008 the Defendant delivered by (method of posting) to the Claimant a request within the meaning of section 79 Consumer Credit Act 1974.

7 In default of the Claimant's obligations under section 79 aforesaid, the Claimant failed to comply with the request whether in prescribed form or at all in consequence of which and by reason of the provisions of section 79(3)(a) of the Act, the Claimant was not entitled whilst the default continued to enforce the agreement.

8 Notwithstanding the facts and matters set out at paragraph 7 of the Defence, on 10th November 2008 the Defendant received a letter from Sechiari, Clark & Mitchell Solicitors acting on behalf of the Claimant, demanding immediate payment of £658.89. The Defendant was informed of the following:

"IF YOU DO NOT PAY OR MAKE CONTACT WITH OUR CLIENT IN THE NEXT 10 DAYS, WE ARE INSTRUCTED TO START LEGAL PROCEEDINGS AGAINST YOU, AND THIS MAY RESULT IN YOU HAVING TO PAY LEGAL COSTS".

9 In the circumstances the demand letter constituted 'enforcement action' and informed the Defendant that 'further Enforcement Action' would be taken if the Defendant failed to take the action required by the letter. The purpose and intent of service of the letter was to enforce the Defendant's compliance with the agreement at a time when the Claimant was in default of the Act and prohibited from doing so by section 79(3)(a) of the Act.

10 On or about 5th February 2009 the Claimant issued to the Defendant a default notice in words intended to comply with the provisions of Consumer Credit (Enforcement, Default and Termination Notices) Regulations 1983 and by which default notice, inter alia, the Defendant was informed of the following:

"IF THE ACTION REQUIRED BY THIS NOTICE IS TAKEN BEFORE THE DATE SHOWN NO FURTHER ENFORCEMENT ACTION WILL BE TAKEN IN RESPECT OF THE BREACH".

11 Further and owing to prohibition aforesaid, the said default notice was ineffective for the purpose of giving rise to any of the entitlements set out under section 87(1) of the Act in the event that the Defendant failed to comply with it.

12. The default notice was served upon the Defendant by second class post on a day long after 5th February 2009. Further, the notice failed to specify a date being a date 14 days after service of the notice by when the Defendant was required to comply with the notice. Alternatively, the date specified in the notice by when the Defendant was required to comply was before 24th February 2009 which was not a date which was 14 days after service of the notice.

13 Save that the Defendant admits and accepts the Claimant terminated the agreement on 10th March 2009 as alleged, paragraph 13 of the Particulars of Claim is denied. The Defendant denies that termination arose as of right. On the contrary the Defendant contends the termination of the agreement by the Claimant on 10th March 2009 was in repudiatory breach of the agreement.

14 The claimant's claim to be entitled to late payment interest and/or to sums claimed for administration fees, late payment charges and like provisions is denied. It is denied (if it be alleged) that the Claimant has incurred any such fees and charges, alternatively that such fees and charges if incurred accurately represent sums lost by the Claimant or on which the Claimant is entitled to raise a charge by reason of any breach on the part of the Defendant. Alternatively, the Defendant avers the incorporation of such claims is penal and unenforceable at law.

15 Further and in any event, by reason of the matters set out herein and the requirements of section 87(1) of the Act, the steps taken by the Claimant and identified at paragraph 7 hereof were steps which the Claimant was not entitled to take.

16 In the circumstances neither the Claimant’s default notice nor its termination of the agreement gave rise to an entitlement to claim any of the relief now sought by the Claimant.

17 The Claimant’s claim to be entitled to the return of the goods, to money or any other relief following termination of the agreement is denied.

I BELIEVE THAT THE CONTENTS OF THIS DEFENCE ARE TRUE.

Signed:

Dated:

Guest suziedarkness

OK, just received CPR request, all seems to be in order. The only thing I wonder is I received a letter dated 10th March from BH telling me that they had now terminated the agreement and I was to return the vehicle. On the POC it doesnt say they sent me this letter but it does say that " the right to demand delivery accrued on 10th March". Does this this have any bearing on the CPR request, should they have included a copy of the letter?

Guest suziedarkness

Its my birthday today and I am going to get away from this computer for a couple of hours and try and put this whole thing to the back of my mind until later.

I will be back on this afternoon to see if anyone has come up with a miracle defence and then I must type it out and get it sent off.

I will be back here later if anyone needs to know anything.

Suzie

Soory had to go just got back

NO i wa not wrong i was working off the information given.

Peter

HI

RE 7

The rankine case established that the enforcement of an agreement began in the court and said that there was no reason for the creditor not to issue proceedings even if in breach of section 77-79.

Peter

Guest suziedarkness
HI

RE 7

The rankine case established that the enforcement of an agreement began in the court and said that there was no reason for the creditor not to issue proceedings even if in breach of section 77-79.

Peter

Sorry Peter, you have lost me here

Guest suziedarkness

thanks Soopa,

do you think I should put in my defence that they have included unfair fees and charges when calculating the arrears tobe remedied?

Also Peter,

I take it I cannot argue APR incorrect because I never paid £145 with first payment as the figures are correct?

I have tried using Dualcalc, cant seem to make head or tail of it, whichever way I do it, it doesnt come out right.

If their claim includes amounts which are unlawful charges/penalties, this can also be made a point of the defence.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Sorry, but this isn't my area really.

Have you looked in the Vehicles forum for defence examples.

Hi

The APR is correct if the repayments are as stated on the agreement.

If as i was given to understand you also paid an up front fee with your first payment they would be incorrect.

If your deffence is based on the argument that the creditor was not entitled to commence proceedings whilst thery were in default of section 77-79 then it is fatally flawed,because they can.

Enforceability as mentioned in the section refers to the acton taken in the court not earlier actions such as issueong default noitices etc.

Peter