HFO/Turnbull - Court Proceedings Started -/ **DISMISSED **WON**

dinny7478
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5228 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am still a bit confused with the terminlogy

Case Dismissed vs Discontinued vs Won

Whats the difference? Can i sue them now? Can they start proceedings again at a later date?

It's unlikely they will even attempt to reinstate the claim - they would need the court's permission and new, important and relevant evidence - so in most cases that's as good as a win. Unlikely they will come after you again for ANY of that alleged debt.

Sadly, they will still trash your credit file, but that's another issue. Relax and enjoy the moment.

Hi,

You've been pointed to my thread where I am in a major dispute with HFO/Turnbulls...

If the claim was dismissed then I imagine you should be able issue a counterclaim for Data Protection issues, Administration of Justice Act 1970 and for your litigant in person costs...

You have to hit this company where it hurts I'm afraid to get any satisfaction. If the Notice of Assignment has been found to be dodgy... then you should also report this with the ICO and they "should" order the removal of your data within the HFO systems.

Long way to go for me yet but this is the exact route I shall be going down...

On another point... do you object to sending me a copy of the notice of discontinuance with your personal details blocked out? This could be very useful for a large complaint against HFO/TR that me and DonkeyB will be working on in the future... it might also get TR in trouble as vexatious litigants who bring court claims to the fore even though the legal points are clarified beforehand.

• 1 month later...

Havent checked this forum for a while but glad too see that HFO are getting some of their own medicine back! If you still need any info then let me know and I will send you some stuff across.

In my case, the stated they had a NoA in the PoC, they refused to supply me with it after numerous SaR, they didnt supply one even after direct instruction of the Court.

They filed their defence/witness statements after I had filed mine and even reffered to statements I had made in my defence (after the deadline for documents that were to be relied on in court be sent to me)

Is it to late to countersue these chumps now? after reading a few of the threads on HFO I would like to join the fun and get back on their case again.

I have been doing some research around suing HFO/Turnbull to recover costs just to add to their workload but I am having trouble on the next steps.

The Judgement states "this case is dismissed" and earlier in the summary it states that the Claimant be granted permission to amend the claim (change of Name from Capitol to Services)...service to be dispensed with on the basis this is a final hearing.

So who do i need to write to you with an outline of my costs? HFO, Turnbull or do I go straight to the Court?

Every example I have seen is for when a case has been discontinued (Part 38 - PART 38 - DISCONTINUANCE - Ministry of Justice)

Getting myself in a bit of a muddle here with this! Any ideas much appreciated...

Ok...I will send them both a letter asking for costs as litigant in person - and postage expenses.

Do i give them a certain number of days to respond before starting court proceedings? On the PoC would I just state that these are costs arising out of an earlier claim that was dismissed?

Thanks....Prynhawn da (The only bit of welsh I remember from Primary School!)