DCA chasing debt when was fraud

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5554 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya

Just been browsing and wondered if anyone can offer me any advice on my situation. Have to say it has now been ongoing for 4 years, I hit a brick wall and had given up.

Towards the end of 2004 I received a letter from O2 saying that i defaulted on two accs with them, this was shortly followed by a letter from abbey saying that they had bounced 2 dd's to O2 and my acc was overdrawn, incurring charges. The abbey acc was no longer used by me, it was opened when I was young and I have banked with natwest for years. I didnt know it was still open or that it could accept dd's or had overdraft facility.

To cut a long long stor short somebody had obtained 2 mobile phones in my name,fraudulently. I immediately went in to the branch to explain, abbey were helpful and refered it to head office. Hours of phone calls to O2 and they tell me fraud team investigating. I hear nothing from either for approx a year, next thing 3 seperate debts (1 abbey and 2 O2) are being chased. The abbey ''debt'' by link financial ho constantly harrass me.

Have tried to tell these people I have done nothing wrong, they wont listen and the debt is sold on, back to square one every time. I gave up and didnt know what else to do. I am honestly not trying to get out of anything, I have never taken these agreements with O2.

I now have three defaults on m file and fear it will lead to a CCJ. Please help. :-(

The best thing to do here would be to send a letter to each of the DCA's telling them that you do not acknowledge the debt, and ask them to provide proof that you owe them anything.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately I dont think Mobile Contracts fall under the CCA agreement. It would be pointless sending out CCA requests to O2 (but I could be wrong and I'm sure somebody will be along to agree/disagree with me).

Do send the "Prove It Letters" and also you could SAR Abbey and claim back all charges they have placed on your account (this should bring your balance hopefully back to £0.00 or there abouts).

I suppose if somebody has went into a store and signed for these contracts then they wouldnt have a signature the same as you thus ultimately showing you're a victim of fraud.

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

CCA's don't fall under mobile phone contracts as you're not applying for credit, but rather a service. It could still be worthwhile to ask the DCA's to prove that you owe money to them.

Be good to yourself, when nobody else will

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Did you report the matter to the police at the time? If you did then you should quote the crime reference number (or whatever it's called). If you didn't life has just got that bit harder.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Thanks everyone

Did report it to the police and have provided crime ref, makes no difference.

Ironic thing is I work for a very large Debt Management firm (on bank side) boooo hisssssss!!! Will write another letter though and see if it changes anything.