Not been paid, told not to come in?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5545 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week on Friday I was not paid any wages when I asked at the work why I was told no one was getting paid as the money was not there and not to come in to work this week in case they couldn't get the money again for this week.

So still not received any money from last week and the work have not phoned or contacted me to say what is going on although I know there are still a few people still going into work albeit directors. As far as I am aware all the rest of the other workers like me have not been paid some in cases for 2 weeks wages up until last week. I only work part-time for 14hors and go to college so I am left with no money until my student loan which doesn't go in until 5th April.

What are my rights and what can I do about this?

PS. I was also top be paid 6 full days which I accrued last year as holiday but as yet not been paid due to the work having financial problems. I was told I would not lose these by the boss and that he would pay me in cash and still like me in work instead of taking them off. that was at the beginning of December with new holiday year starting on January 1st. Could I claim for this plus this years accrued holiday aswell as redundancy through the small claims court?

Cheers.

I'm a bit rusty on employment law but I don't expect that you are entitled to redundancy pay.

Anyway, it sounds as if the company is going down. You can become a preferred creditor if you have a judgment against them before they cease trading.

Of course, they will never want you to work there again so it is up to you to decide what yu want to do.

However, if you are going to sue them, I would do it straightaway. Don't bother about an LBA. Just issue your claim and get your judgment at the first opportunity

Well, not paying you is an unlawful deduction from wages.

You have worked the hours so you are entitled to be paid regardless of any problems the company is having.

Raise a written grievance and send it to them via recorded mail, tell them that you expect to be paid within 7 days otherwise you will be forced to seek payment either via court or through tribunal (provided of course you have at least 12 months service).

I also presume that you have not recieved formal written notice that your job no longer exists, they are obliged to do this if you are made redundant, they are also obliged to have a consultancy period, tell you you are at risk etc.

Also, if your employment is terminated, they are obliged to pay you any outstanding holiday pay.