style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5571 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have checked and double checked with my council and I do NOT owe them any money. My account is officially clear.

However, because I have bailiffs still hounding me I asked for a letter to confirm this point. The council say 'they don't send letters of satisfaction'.

Can I push for this?

Also TomTubby.... you never answered me regarding my jewellery that I was wearing being levied on. You said you would be very interested in this, but never said why.

Thanks

Rachie

I have checked and double checked with my council and I do NOT owe them any money. My account is officially clear.

You don't need anything from anyone - except a printout of your council tax account from the council and you are entitled to that.

The printout will show when you paid the debt, and if that comes before any levy by the bailiff, then their enforcement action is unlawful, and once they are made aware of it, fraudulent.

First make sure that you have evidence of your payment of the sum listed on the council tax liability order before the date of the levy.

However, because I have bailiffs still hounding me I asked for a letter to confirm this point. The council say 'they don't send letters of satisfaction'.

Can I push for this?

You might consider making a form 4 complaint if you can prove the payment in full came before the enforcement action, and have evidence of their continued enforcement after you have clearly, and politely written/emailed them explaining when and what you paid.

Also TomTubby.... you never answered me regarding my jewellery that I was wearing being levied on. You said you would be very interested in this, but never said why

That's probably because, although a bailiff is entitled to seize jewellery once he has gained peaceful entry, I don't think that includes anything you are wearing. But I'm not sure. It's unusual and raises all sorts of issues.

For instance, if I'm wearing a pair of bejewelled Gucci underpants can the bailiff seize them while I'm wearing them?

Quite apart from the physical hazards that would go with any attempt to relieve me of my undies the attempt to seize goods on your person may actually be an assault.