MacKenzie Hall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5520 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi lickthewallfatboy,

I will await a response from my new bestest buddies and see what they say. Then I will ask them to start legal proceedings and see what they say. Firstly while Lowells handled this it was statute barred and they never to this day produced a CCA so why the hell Mackenzie Hall think its any different while they have it is any mans guess ;)

<----------- If I have helped in any way please click on my scales :p

Oh now I have a new friend, a Mr. Mark Lafferty (I want to lafferty at him). He seems to be getting a little hot headed with me. Here is the email i recieved:

Dear XXXXX,

Perhaps you did not read, or comprehend my colleagues message.

Your account is not Statute Barred.

Failure to meet repayment by the afore mentioned deadline may result in a recommendation being passed to our client, to instruct further action against you in order to recover the monies owed by yourself. I strongly urge you to contact our offices upon receipt of this correspondence, to discuss the repayment of your debt.

Ignoring this matter will not make your problem go away XXXXX. Please call me today.

Eagerly awaiting your response & with best regards

Sooooooooo I have sent the following reply:

Dear Mr. Lafferty,

Perhaps you are not understanding what the law clearly states. You and your collegue are telling me that the account is not statute barred but as the law states this is not from when the default starts.

Unless you can prove to me that this debt is not statute barred then I suggest that you tell me that the case is closed and that I will have no further communication from yourselves.

Eagerly awaiting your response

Oh this is turning into sooooooo much fun lol. Any comments will greatly be appreciated :p

Send the muppet a 2 fingered salute email :roll:

Well I never recieved a reply yesterday so I thought I would help speed things up and I sent this yesterday just after 2pm

Dear Mr. Lafferty,

Have you managed to find proof that this debt is not statute barred? If so I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy of proof. The alleged debt was also subject to a CCA request with Lowells which is yet to turn up so can you actually prove the debt exists?

If there is part of the law that I am missing or not understanding regarding the statute barred limits beginning when the default is issued then please can you state them to me with the correct number from the OFT debt guidelines.

Again eagerly awaiting your response

And still no response. Have I got them running scared???

:p

I missed the bit that you'd CCA'd Lowells. Not surprised they failed to come up with anything though. But as a result the matter was put "in dispute". Lowells had no right to pass on the account to another cretin from debtscumland to try their luck. So not only are your new chums trying to rewrite the statute barred law but they are trying to rewrite the Consumer Credit Act as well.

Well I never recieved a reply yesterday so I thought I would help speed things up and I sent this yesterday just after 2pm

Dear Mr. Lafferty,

Have you managed to find proof that this debt is not statute barred? If so I would appreciate it if you could send me a copy of proof. The alleged debt was also subject to a CCA request with Lowells which is yet to turn up so can you actually prove the debt exists?

If there is part of the law that I am missing or not understanding regarding the statute barred limits beginning when the default is issued then please can you state them to me with the correct number from the OFT debt guidelines.

Again eagerly awaiting your response

And still no response. Have I got them running scared???

:p

You are asking too many simple & awkward questions for their pee brains to understand. :rolleyes:

Edited by mr.ton

stumped them lol,no suitable threatogram to respond with.

maybe they will adapt something like,

big jim on table 4 says you have to pay because we have asked,:rolleyes:

and we must stress that we are sick to the back teeth of people like you who no longer roll over and pay....because you have found cag...

plzzzzzzzzzzzz feel sorry for us as lowell have dropped us another duff one

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER

Hahahaha thanks guys for the comments.

Well its been 24 hours since I sent my last email to my mates at Mackenzie Hall and I still haven't had a reply. They will of recieved my letter aswell (no doubt its been filed by them in B-1-N. I am tempted to send more questions to them but I'm now affraid they might end up frying their brains and crying under the constant pressure I am giving them with my question after question. Oh wait seems like a bit of a role reversal now doesn't it lol :p

Well its deadline day today so in a final effort to get a response from MH school of clowns I have sent this email

Dear Mr. Lafferty,

As today is your deadline on this alleged debt and you have not produced proof that the alleged debt exists or that the alleged debt is not subject to being statute barred then I take this as confirmation that you will cease pursuing me for this alleged debt, your file is closed and that I will receive no further communication from you, written or otherwise.

Thank you kindly for reading this email and I hope you have a pleasant weekend.

Regards,

I was going to add something sarcastic on the end of it regarding a certain member of his body and a blender but I thought why be nasty when I am winning the fight lol :p

The statute barred clock starts ticking after you last made a payment or acknowledged the debt in writing - NOT when they decide to pass to a DC.

Help us to keep on helping

Please consider making a donation, however small, if you have benefited from advice on the forums

This site is run solely on donations

My advice is based on my opinion and experience only. It is not to be taken as legal advice - if you are unsure you should seek professional help.

Well looks like Mackenzie Hall have finally agreed with me. With them all going quiet on me I thought 'sod it' I am going to use there live chat to see what outcome they can give me. I gave tham all the details they already knew but had my mobile number down as 07777777777777 (apologies for anybody owning this number)

Ok this is how it went:

Please wait for a site operator to respond.

You are now chatting with 'Graeme'

Graeme: Hi there you are through to Graeme at Mackenzie Hall how may i assist you ?

Me: Hi I would like you to confirm that my account is now closed

Graeme: Bare with me one moment.

Me: ok

Graeme: I can confirm that your account has indeed been closed.

Me: Can you tell me on what grounds why the account has been closed and am i going to recieve written confirmation of this?

Graeme: This account has been closed as per the statute of limitations Act.

Me: Thank you kindly for the response. Will I recieve written confitrmation that the account is closed and no further action will be taken?

Graeme: I will ask for written confirmation to be sent to yourself, that we are no longer dealing with this and shall not be pursuing the debt.

Me: Thank you very much. Written confirmation will be of great help and thank you for ensuring that this will be sent to me. Thank you again and enjoy the rest of your day

Graeme: That's no problem at all! Thank you for chatting today.

Finally got the answer I was wanting :p

• 3 weeks later...

Well since my last post I have been fighting with Muck Hall to send me a letter saying that they would no longer be pursuing the debt. They had supposedly sent it around 4 times. Funny how the threats get to you first time but when they admit defeat the letters some how get lost! I decided enough was enough and I asked for a copy of their complaints procedure. They assured me that the requested letter had been sent out but I told them I was sick of going round in circles. I then got told that my accounts manager (my what???) would personally send me an email sating they would no longer pursue me for the debt. I finally got this email from them yesterday

over.jpg

It only took them about 4 weeks to send this.

I would like to thank everybody who has helped me with this and to the people who are reading this post to be assured that these idiots CAN be beaten

Thanks again

Sploits :p

congrats xxxx

further proof if needed that muck hall are nothing at all.stand up to them and they skulk off. cag win again.;)

thanks for the laff ....mr lafferty:D

SAM:pLOWELL DETESTER