First Plus PPI mis-sold??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4870 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Please note that we have produced all relevant information in accordance with the ICO's Guidance note: "Determining what information is 'data' for the purposes of the DPA"

Certain documentation which you request in your letter does not contain the personal data and is therefore not disclosable pursuant to the Data Protection Act. Moreover, we would not disclose to customers, underwriting sheets or details of commissions as this information is commercially sensitive[quote]

But what does the above mean? What have I requested that is not disclosable?

Edited by pubman1

Interstingly their letter says that they paid the full amount of the PPI loan to the insurers. Would be interesting to find out how much of the loan they actually paid to the insurer. Another reason for mis selling if they did not pass on the full amount. I have looked at the T&C's and they also say that they pay the full amount to the insurer.

hello pubman,

underwriting sheets or details of commissions as this information is commercially sensitive

This is what worries them as the commissions paid will undoubtedly not match what you have paid ie you pay loads and the commissions to any broker or underwriter will be Much less IMO.

Interstingly their letter says that they paid the full amount of the PPI loan to the insurers. (keep the letter it could be useful if you end up taking them to court) Would be interesting to find out how much of the loan they actually paid to the insurer. Another reason for mis selling if they did not pass on the full amount. (you have to believe it and this element of PPI has them a tad worried I woud suggest) I have looked at the T&C's and they also say that they pay the full amount to the insurer.

If you have a look at other threads first plus have been using brokers that are now in liquidation. That shouts out to me that they will use the small firms who will snap up the business to stay in business, pay them a little of the insurance premiums stumped up by the consumer and pocket the rest. Allegedly that is.

Keep on with the fight Pinknico will keep you on the right track:grin:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, been a bit quiet of late but update time.

They seem to have seperated my letters out into two "threads" within First+. I am writing to Customer Relations on the PPI mis-sold front and Operations team on the SAR front. So I have written back to Customer relations asking for the copies of the calls that they allege they listened to and have had a reply with a load of stuff about do I want the calls encrypted or "risk" having a CD sent un-encrypted - just let them know and they'll be happy to send me the information.

But then I had a letter from the Operations Team dated 4 days later saying that unless I provide them with the exact time and date of the calls I want they will not send them due to "the manner in which the sound data is held". They also say that this is in accordance with the "requirements set out in section 7(3)of the DPA which sets a requirement to provide such additional 'location' information"

So I have replied to the first letter that a CD will be fine - they'll send it recorded delivery. What shall I do about the second one? I don't want them to get away with not fulfilling the SAR.

I have also requested that they put a hold on any further action while the FOS investigate - is this likely to hold them up on repossession? And what would a judge say if they did go to court and then found out that there was an outstanding complaint on the account with the FOS?

Hello pubman,

They seem to have seperated my letters out into two "threads" within First+. I am writing to Customer Relations on the PPI mis-sold front and Operations team on the SAR front. So I have written back to Customer relations asking for the copies of the calls that they allege they listened to and have had a reply with a load of stuff about do I want the calls encrypted or "risk" having a CD sent un-encrypted - just let them know and they'll be happy to send me the information. If they send them encrypted would you be able to unencrypt to get the data?

But then I had a letter from the Operations Team dated 4 days later saying that unless I provide them with the exact time and date of the calls I want they will not send them due to "the manner in which the sound data is held". They also say that this is in accordance with the "requirements set out in section 7(3)of the DPA which sets a requirement to provide such additional 'location' information" The location is their branch or data controller. (I had the same trouble with RBS asked for all calls and they then said we do not record every call. I got no details of any calls by asking for them all they probably thought better than to send the lot due to what was recorded. The term plausible denyablity springs to mind.)

They obviously have the calls from the fact they are asking if you want them encrypted or risk. I would suggest a response of, I require copies of ALL calls that you have on CD.

So I have replied to the first letter that a CD will be fine - they'll send it recorded delivery. What shall I do about the second one? I don't want them to get away with not fulfilling the SAR. (as above ask for all calls in your name, account detail, telephone number etc)

I have also requested that they put a hold on any further action while the FOS investigate - is this likely to hold them up on repossession? And what would a judge say if they did go to court and then found out that there was an outstanding complaint on the account with the FOS?

You will need to pose this question in the legal/debt forums on the site

have a look in here for more assistance

Debt Collection Industry

Legal Issues

Repossessions

hope this helps;)

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

Bank charge successes:

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks,

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that F+ used brokers for their insurance which have since gone into liquidation. I cannot see any mention of a broker in the SAR data. Would this be something that they can hold back as "company sensitive information"?

Thanks,

It was mentioned earlier in this thread that F+ used brokers for their insurance which have since gone into liquidation. I cannot see any mention of a broker in the Subject Access Request data. Would this be something that they can hold back as "company sensitive information"?

I do not believe they can withhold data if it has any reference to you as a data subject. IMO the claim should be with F+ as they will have arranged the loan and the PPI.

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

Just picked up on this thread - sorry to hear of your probs with F+! What a load of tosh about the CD and the way the data is stored, and knowing the exact dates/time (thats there problem). They sent me without any fuss an audio cassette with all the calls on! Sounds to me the are getting lots of claims and are increasing the stalling tactics!

------------------------------------------------------------

First Direct - Refund of Bank Charges...... **WON** (Offered full amount of £5200 2 days before court)

Amex - Refund of charges..... **WON** (£330 refunded without much fight)

First Plus PPI - **WON** (Full Refund of over £7000 + Interest)

Norton Finance - Owe me over £6000 for mis-sold PPI - Starting court action in the new year!

Barclaycard PPi - Ongoing (Being complete tos*ers!)

Hi all!! I'm new to the consumer action group forum.

It's all fascinating stuff!

I Hope someone on here can help me out or give me some advice. we recently made a claim against First Plus for a mis-sold PPI.

We used the company ''PPI Rebate'' to make the claim on our behalf and were successful in being made an offer of just under £3000. Although First plus denying miss-selling anything!

The trouble is, ''PPI Rebate' has now ceased trading, they say due to the current financial climate.

I was still expecting a cheque from First Plus but did not recieve any, To cut a long story short, They say that they won't be sending a cheque but the money will be taken off the remaining balance of the loan.

Is there any way i can make them pay the claim back to me as cash and not as a payment off the loan ? :(

hello boolee,

can you first read the rules on posting please read this...

Forum Rules - Please read before posting

You should also start your own thread to save a lot of confusion. That way you have your own personal thread and do not get mixed up with another cagger with various posts and replies.

To start your own thread click this

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/newthread.php?do=newthread&f=111

put in a suitable title and go for it;)

Bank charge successes:

PPI Successes

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Post 290 from

• 1 year later...

Hi did F+ cough up in the end?

They seem to have seperated my letters out into two "threads" within First+. I am writing to Customer Relations on the PPI mis-sold front and Operations team on the SAR front. So I have written back to Customer relations asking for the copies of the calls that they allege they listened to and have had a reply with a load of stuff about do I want the calls encrypted or "risk" having a CD sent un-encrypted - just let them know and they'll be happy to send me the information.

But then I had a letter from the Operations Team dated 4 days later saying that unless I provide them with the exact time and date of the calls I want they will not send them due to "the manner in which the sound data is held". They also say that this is in accordance with the "requirements set out in section 7(3)of the DPA which sets a requirement to provide such additional 'location' information"

So I have replied to the first letter that a CD will be fine - they'll send it recorded delivery. What shall I do about the second one? I don't want them to get away with not fulfilling the SAR.