Letter from Halifax - help needed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6440 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I wrote to the Halifax regarding the bank charges that I was reclaiming. My letter, along with spreadsheet, was dated 10th July.

Yesterday, I received a letter from them saying the following (verbatim):

"Thank you for your letter on 10th July 2006.

My understanding of your complaint is that you are unhappy about the charges on you (their error) account and you would like the charges refunding.

We're keen to deal with your concerns as quickly as possible. A Customer Relations Manager will investigate the poings you have raised and you will receive a reply shortly, but certainly no later than 4 weeks.

You will find enclosed a copy of our leaflet, which tells you how we will handle your complaint.

Your sincerely

Ruth Stringer

Redress Assessor

Core Business

Customer Relations

Enc. Personal Customer Complaints - Here's what we'll do"

Has anyone else had such a letter? Now what do I do? Do I wait 4 weeks or shall I go ahead with the next letter giving them 7 days?

Don't wait the 4 weeks, I agree send your letter before action, and you need to give them a further 14 days not 7 to respond.

Libertie:-)

Halifax prelim 23/5/06, LBA sent 31/5/06, moneyclaim 27/6/06, Halifax intend to defend, halifax paid up!19/7/06:D Donation made.

Amex prelim 22/5/06, LBA sent 5/6/06, Final LBA sent 9/6/06, settled 30/6/06:D Donation made.

Barclaycard prelim 26/5/06, LBA sent 9/6/06......to be contd

HSBC prelim sent 6/9/06, LBA sent 19/9/06, MCOL 12/10/06....

Hi all

Before my "letter before action" got posted this morning, the kind postman delivered a letter from Halifax offering me £88 (charges from Dec 2005) as a goodwill gesture (they owe me some £750) and threatened to close my account and if I am not happy with this decision, then I can take it up with the Ombudsman! :-x Acceptance form enclosed.

I don't want to accept this but which letter do I need to write now? :confused:

Thanks in advance.

• 2 months later...

At least you got an offer (paltry as it is)

I just got a very translucent fob-off, saying that I wasn't entitled to refunds as it only applies to credit card statements.

Damn fools.

Let's see how they feel when they recieve the MCOL later this week :D

HALIFAX

Settled in Full

24/10/06
£2228.70

HFC

Settled in Full

May 2007, Default removal and £640 refnded

i had same letter from local branch. i've been stalled reference my 6 years accounts but they have promised to send them today after a phone call. 01422 322991(freedom of information,records section). just waiting for my statements. will watch you with interest as you are further ahead than me. good luck