Decree/CCJ appeal time limits

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I spoke with a member of staff from Edinburgh Sheriff Court today, and was informed that there is no way i can have a decree recalled as it was from 2006. It can only be recalled within 14 of charge.

Is this true, i have a decree against me, the sum on the decree is wrong although this has only just came to light, and i cant appeal or have it recalled?

Anyone help please?

You can only apply for a “Minute for Recall” up to 14 days after the service of a charge for payment or 14 days after the service of an arrestment.

Apart from this there are no time limits provided that you are the Defender. If a charge has never been served, it is possible to recall a decree up to 20 years later.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

You can only apply for a “Minute for Recall” up to 14 days after the service of a charge for payment or 14 days after the service of an arrestment.

Apart from this there are no time limits provided that you are the Defender. If a charge has never been served, it is possible to recall a decree up to 20 years later.

Thanks rorys,

Just to clarify then, if i didnt receive a charge for payment i can recall the decree, would this be done using form 30 and 30a?

however, if i did receive a charge for payment, i cannot now recall the decree as i only had 14 days after the charge or arrestment to recall?

help is appreciated, thank you.

J

ust to clarify then, if i didnt receive a charge for payment i can recall the decree, would this be done using form 30 and 30a?
Yes.

however, if i did receive a charge for payment, i am now time barred to recall the decree as i only had 14 after the charge or arrestment to appeal/recall?

Yes.

As you are paying the account I don't see how you can recall it. You can only vary the amount.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

As you are paying the account I don't see how you can recall it. You can only vary the amount.

i was hoping to have it recalled on the following basis,

1: i was not given 28 days notice to pay the decree in full

2: original amount on decree was 980 (still outstanding balance of £500), but should have been about 800, i have ecidence to prove this that wont be contested.

3: never rec'd charge for payment.

Why do i want to do this:

basically to repair my credit. If i have have a new hearing for the decree then hopefully there would be a new ruling as opposed to amending the original decree, thus allowing me 28 days to pay in full and remove the decree/ccj from my credit file.

Can this work?

I am also trying to negotiate with creditor, requested they agree to having the decree set aside if i clear total balance. even if they do agree and give me written consent to have decree set aside, is the possible?

am i clutching at straws here? lol