Wescot Credit Services

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5503 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey guys, Im getting pretty much daily letters from Wescot regarding an account I apparently have with them. Long story short, on a rugby club party at my flat a few months ago, I gave into pressure and let them put on a Television X film on the freeview payperview channel, using my card :| . One film one night one payment I thought.

Now I'm getting letters from Wescot Credit services using three different references for the random amounts of £15, £99 and £120. They all trace back to this one film!!!

Ive requested a signed CCA in case this is some kind of DD thing, but they just referred the first two back, and the (incredibly abusive!) woman I spoke to tonight at Wescot, has told me they dont need one and that Ive agreed to the terms and they'll be taking me to court for £99. I'm a bit miffed at whats happening and would realy appreciate any help.

Thankyou

Don't speak to them on the phone again - all you will get is abuse, as you have discovered. Send this to Wescot's Complaints Department at the address you have - so far they have failed to send any proof of this debt:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

• 2 weeks later...
The thing is I know for a fact I never signed anything at all, so surely they have no recourse?

Unfortunately, clicking on the accept film (have you read all the T&C's) MAY make you liable.

Not saying you are, but you need to find the T&C's you accepted the film under.

JOgs

They have no proof that it was you who watched the film & used their card.

You could have been the victim of ID fraud for all they know ;)

Westcott are full of hot air anyway...they threaten things that never happen :rolleyes:

Oh I totally agree, I forgot to mention, don't pay the parasites a dime. :-D

Jogs

• 4 weeks later...

Got a reply from Wescot today;

Dear Electircmayhem,

Thankyou for your patience while we investigated the enquiry that you raised with regard to the above account.

What was the outcome?

We can comfirm that as a consequence of the query you raised, the above account has been returned to our client.

What does this mean?

• We have closed the debt on our computer system and returned the account to our client.

• No further action will be taken by Wescot Credit Services Ltd to recover the above account.

Yours Sincerely

A. Chimp

Thanks for all the help guys!! First victory with a debt issue. Am so relieved. Just wish I could send a copy to the snotty cow I had to deal with when I rang up.

The worst bit is, I know a lot of people will have been bullied into paying :evil:

Statutory notice under section 10 of the Data Protection Act to cease processing any data in relation to this account with immediate effect.

This means you must remove all information regarding this account from your own internal records and from my records with any credit reference agencies.

Should you refuse to comply, you must within 21 days provide me with a detailed breakdown of your reasoning behind continuing to process my data.

It is not sufficient to simply state that you have a ‘legal right’; You must outline your reasoning in this matter and state upon which legislation this reasoning depends.

Should you not respond within 21 days I expect that this means you agree to remove all such data.

I would appreciate your due diligence in this matter.

I look forward to hearing from you in writing.

Yours faithfully

Print DONT sign and send by recorded delivery minimum.