P86 form arrival in the UK

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

This is my first post on this forum, sorry if i am posting in the wrong forum (feel free to move it around).

I have just been cleaning my filing cabinet and noticed that I have not sent of the P86 form that has been sent to me a few years ago when i moved over to the uk (its a form when you arrive in the uk you fill out), what do i do about this?

I have never been sent a reminder (otherwise my penny would have dropped and i would have sent it off!)

• 7 months later...

Just interested to know, did you ever get an aswer to this question? Did you ever hear anything further from HMRC? Just wondering as my colleague is in a similar situation (moved abroad to live and work in 2002, and met all requirements for non-UK resident status, then returned June 2009 and registered a new company with UK tax office to start paying UK tax, but forgot to complete P86; in fact, doesn't think he even completed P85 back in 2002, But has never received a self assessment form, and heard nothing from HMRC in all that time. Is inclined to proceed on the assumption that he was non-resident for the 7 years to 2009 and is now resident, but has nothing on paper from HMRC to confirm they also see it that way. What happened (if anything) in your case?