Fraudulnt Document Submitted to Court - URGENT!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5553 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My good friend is being sued in Aberdeen, Scotland in an Ordinary Cause action by a big (anon for now) bank for a credit card debt. The amount is >£10,000.

The case is proceeding toward an options hearing and the Pursuer has sent the Defender an Inventory of Productions which contain all of the credit card statements, purported agreement (an application form), a set of terms and conditions and a copy of the default notice.

My friend had originally stated (in her defence) that she neither admitted or denied that the default notice was ever received or in the correct form as defined by the CCA 1974. The proof was placed on the Pursuer to prove in this instance.

My friend has actually found the original default notice for the account and moreover it is substantially different from the "copy" that the bank has produced within its evidence to the Sheriff Court. Specifically:

1. The dates on the "copy" and original differ by 1 day.

2. The default remedy amount differs by £90 between the two.

3. The original DN states a Clause (reference to min payments etc) that does not relate to the purported Terms and Conditions that the Bank has produced within its inventory of productions (which it claims are part of the agreement). The "copy" has a different clause than the original in this respect.

I don't wish to address the "agreement" at this point, only the default notice and more importantly the implications of submitting to a Sheriff court what appears to be a fraudulent document or one that has been substantially modified in order to obtain a decree (judgement) against my friend (the Defender in this action).

Questions:

1. What are my friend’s options with respect to this?

2. Should they report this to the Police/FSA/OFT/MSP?

3. When should my friend report this to the Sheriff Court, they have an options hearing imminent where they could include it as part of a Rule 22.1 submission (this is to request the use of preliminary pleas such that they cannot be repelled by the Pursuer and will force a proof before answer (presenting of evidence) or legal debate (the same but they mix it with a bit of Latin up here).

All advice greatly appreciated.

Edited by ericthefruitbat
error

Know nothing about Scotish law, will bump this.

I do very little but I do it very, very well :cool:

If I've helped give my scales a click

:smile:

I have no legal experience and all advice given is based on the knowledge I've gained from this site.

TBH Citizens Advice are unlikely to be a lot of use in this matter. What you need is qualified legal advice.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

as above, you would really need to get proper legal advice with it being an ordinary cause.

Just one thing though she would need to admit to the DN being received. I don't think the dodgy DN would change much of this claim but certainly needs to be addressed by OFT.

Ida x

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)