Credit Card Debts-living Abroad

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5509 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Bazaar,

No news on the CCA as yet,They received the request on the 5th,so I believe today is D day.

I used my UK address to request the CCa docs,since I have a redirect to my folks house.I guess the return redirect may add a couple of days,although the sorting office should be able to deal with it as quickly as other mail.

It was really lucky ??!! to receive the mail even within time;I received our Christmas parcel from the family sent 11 November on the same date-it only took 4 and a half months !!

Heliosfa,thanks for that.The mail was sent air mail,and I received it on the 18th.Since i informed the Bank to my location and situation over here, I hope they will have a problem in putting the boot in !!

Having been on the wrong end of South East asian legal system,I can't see that they have much chance over here!!??

Cheers, WL

Keep a hold of the envelope it came in ;) Does the envelope have a date printed on it?

As I said in a previous post, if youre not returning to uk, they may well try and get a CCJ through court in your absence, but your mitigating circumstances would be that you were out of the country and they knew it.

Thanks Bazaar,

Well I guess if they want to make some progress there,they'll have to serve me notice either here or my address in the UK,which has a re-direct.

Hopefully I'll get a sniff of this before too much action is taken against me..................

WL

Hi Wellington,

Yes but what are you going to do about, you cant travel all the way back to UK for this, (Unless of course they want to pay for your trip).

By all means keep an eye out for any attempt to force stuff to court. But Maybe, if and when that happens you apply to court to state that your out of the country and that they know this. You also, state for the record, your attempts to get proper paperwork from them and in your absence at least the court should be asking for sight of the originals as per CCA.

Then if all else fails, wait until you really return to the UK and get it set aside.

Im sure youve got far better things to do where you are than worry about this sorry little lot:)

Thanks all,

Nothing from MBNA so have sent,and they have received, Default Letters.

Will wait and see what happens next.................

Also sent a CCA request to another card co,recorded delivery,but the Royal Mail managed to lose it.I waited for the 2+12 days to be up,before I realised what had happened !! DOH !!

New request sent,and yes it has arrived !!Be interesting to see what happens next !!

WL