MBNA Credit Card PPI claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5511 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Have received a standard template No letter regarding refund of PPI due to self employment - with a copy of the original application form which has a tick highlighted in the Yes box. However have looked very closely at the tick it is different to all the other ones.

Should I go back to MBNA again or directly to the FSO?

Thanks in advance

Ollie Bollie

Have just received an acknowledgement of safe receipt of correspondence from FOS - however warned they are currently have high volumes of enquiries and that they will provide a full response as soon as they can. Allocated a case number - so its a start to what I think will be a very long process - but hopefully worth it in the long run.

Sorry Ollie it is a long wait - started mine for MBNA and Barclaycard with FOS in December 2007 now with an adjudicator in January 2009.

All I can say that for the price of a stamp its hopefully worth the wait. ;-)

Ripped v Barclaycard - WON!!! :D

Ripped v MBNA - with FOS since Jan 08 with adjudicator ;)

I owe my attitude to Gene Hunt :cool:

Oh no - I hadn't realised it was going to be as long a wait as that - but as you say if the outcome is positive, it's worth it for the price of stamp.

Hope your results work out in your favour.

Ollie

• 3 weeks later...

Latest update

Today received a polite letter from the FOS advising that they are contacting MBNA for further information. Then as soon as they can they will pass the complaint to one of their adjudicators.

Advised it may take a while due to number of claims etc but did promise that they will write again as soon as possible - and certainly within the next 2 months to keep in touch.

So whilst I appreciate it is likely to be a very very long wait - I remain hopeful!

Advised it may take a while due to number of claims etc but did promise that they will write again as soon as possible - and certainly within the next 2 months to keep in touch.

I've had three "within two months" letters now on my MBNA claim. The last time I spoke with them, I was told realistically another six months (from late Feb) before it get's to an adjudicator. That's providing MBNA play ball with their responses.

I guess all we can do is be patient. It's provided a nice little diversion while many of us await the lifting of the Bank Charges stays.

• 3 weeks later...

Today I have received a letter from the FOS advising that MBNA have provided them with an offer prior to the FOS completing their view of the case.

MBNA have confirmed its offer will be based on a full refund of premiums, along with associated interest, plus interest @ 8% in full and final settlement of the complaint.

It has also confirmed that part of the refund will be placed against the outstanding debt on the card to reduce the balance to zero with the remainder being issued in the form of a cheque.

My only concern is that I do not have all the statements dating back to 2000 so how will I be sure that the amount offered is correct?

I think this is a great result for the price of a couple of stamps and letters - and think I should probably accept the offer - but just wonder why MBNA have responded so quickly when normally they seem very difficult to get money out of.

Any views would be appreciated.

Many thanks

Tracy

My only concern is that I do not have all the statements dating back to 2000 so how will I be sure that the amount offered is correct?

I think this is a great result for the price of a couple of stamps and letters - and think I should probably accept the offer - but just wonder why MBNA have responded so quickly when normally they seem very difficult to get money out of.

I would like to say trust them but that would be foolish if you have some statements and your original cca you could do a quick check to see if it seems right.

It is a good result no more debt and a bit of money back. Why would mbna respond with an offer my guess is there are thousands of complaints against them and they will want to avoid the FSA imposing a large fine. The last one was £7m so they are probably a bit scared and now a lot of banks are offering goodwill settlements without admission of liability to get them of the potential FSA hook.:eek:

aa

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.

Thanks for coming back so soon aa. I didn't have an original SAR - do you think it would be worth while getting one to double check the amount? Also in our opinion do you think I would be better to settle as opposed to continue?

Thanks in advance

Tracy

Thanks for coming back so soon aa. I didn't have an original Subject Access Request - do you think it would be worth while getting one to double check the amount? Also in our opinion do you think I would be better to settle as opposed to continue?

Thanks in advance

Tracy

You are a little late to send a SAR as the offer is there, but IMO I would send one anyway...here is the template...

http://www.consumerforums.com/resources/templates-library/86-debt-collectors/576-subject-access-request-debt-a-dca.html

The statutory fee is £10.00 and they must respond within 40 days failure to respond results in you sending a Non compliance letter and an formal complain to the Information Commissioner Office.:D

I have no legal training and the advice I offer is a matter of support. Before you commit to any Legal action you are advised to contact a qualified legal practitioner.

------------------------------------------------

Bank charge successes:

Halifax - Full settlement incl interest.

HSBC - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 75% of claim.

RBS - Settlement, goodwill no admission of liability about 70% of claim.

2 ongoing claims for bank charges with HSBC with more to come. (Supreme Court ruling could have upset these claims) They did :mad:

PPI Successes

PPI 4 settlements on 9 loans. FOS involvement on 7 added on the 8 % Statutory interest another 30% to both.

2 claims settled in full with LV without FOS involvement.

2 claims settled in full with HSBC without FOS involvement

PPI Claims ongoing with:

Cap one Now with the FOS

Barclays. Paid up today 24/04/10 cheque received for over £4,500 and in the bank.

LTSB still have to decide on this as their SAR production was abysmal. Papers data mixed up documents missing etc

1 Complaint not upheld by FOS they said it was ICO issue. Complaint upheld by ICO. See this..

Post 290 from

***RBS PPI Claim Long fight but, WON***

Please do not PM me for advice as it may be sometime before I can respond.

Keep at them. Do not give way and do not accept all they tell you, they will delay and stall for as long as they can to prevent repaying you your mis-sold PPI.