Techo spaz...can you run two laptops simultaneously from the same modem?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5560 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, hope you can help.

My daughter and I have been sharing the same laptop, I now have a reconditioned one of my own. My problem is, we still want to use the internet at the same time, is there a way that I can use the same modem between two laptops?

We have Virgin cable broadband with a modem, is it possible to run two ethernet cables from the same modem to two different laptops or will I have to upgrade to a wireless router (I am saying it but I have no idea what one is) or will it be best just getting one of those dongle thingys as I wont be downloading anything I just want it for surfing and chatting?

Being stingy I want the cheapest but best option.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Monx

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

Guest Old_andrew2018

I'm no expert however we do this at home simply having purchased a cheap cable router, I didn't bother with a wireless router.

Regards

Andy

You have 2 options with Virgin Media wireless routers.

1. Buy one for £40 from them

2. Buy one for £7.50 per month for twelve months.

Obviously, option 1 is the cheapest.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

I suggest you ring Virgin, I am a customer and am the proud owner of a wireless router for the sum of £7.50 postage costs !!!

Regards

LilyLou

If I have been helpful please tip my scales

Any advice/comments I give are based solely on personal experience, if in doubt please consult an expert.

Yes...theyve sent me a wireless router that can handle four laptops/computers at the same time for £7.50 and offered me 10megs for £4 per month > happy bunny!

Advice given is my opinion only, I am not a legal or financial expert (far from it).

The robbers, they told me if I wanted the £7.50 deal, I had to pay that each month for 12 months. Otherwise, pay £40 up front, which I did.:mad:

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)