style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5544 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys need a little help here today. This is my first post so hopefuly it goes ok.

This all started back in summer of 2007 when I received a court fine for £160. A standing order was set up by me for the payments to be taken from my bank, anyway the SO for some reason didnt go through so i then receive a letter from Drakes now Marstons advising they were now taking control of the outstanding debts, I called on many occasions to sort out the problem and to try and come to an agreement with them for installments as I am currently paying into an IVA which was approved nov 07.

I advised them of the times to contact me as I work during the daytime but they kept calling during these times (probably on purpose in my opinion). I even tried sorting something out during my lunch breaks. After telling them the situation I happily left it with them to sort out.

Now a year later they contact me again but this time come to my home with a removal notice, i mentioned once again about my IVA and he even had a record of this in his notes but still would not help. I have also just come out of hospital after having an op for a hernia repair, they said they will give me 2 weeks to recover then they will be back for either payment of goods removal. What has upset me the most is that they now want a whopping £385, the original fine was for £160 and I think £10 or £15 of that was paid to court. This is more than double the original amount, can they do this, and what can I do to sort this mess out. I have always been willing to pay the fine but never been given the chance to after the SO failed.

Thanks guys

I already have done so but they told me they can not do anything as the case was with the bailiffe now. When I called the marstons they just simp,y said \i woild have to contact the court for more info, its now getting s little fustrating as I do want to pay, but just not the amount they are asking for which I think is obscene!

It was for a driving offence, no insurance which was also up for debate but that has been sorted now. Court should of banned me from driving as only had licence for 20 months at the time of offence but due to insurance company at time not cooperating with the court they sympahised with me and fined me instead. Fine was for £160 to be paid by £15 instalments until cleared and thats all iv been trying to do for the past few years. It is absolutly stupid that it has gone on for this long all for £160!!

Well it a criminal fine so they can enter your home by force.

The charges seem about right so there's very little you can do.

I dont know about the IVA, someone who knows more might know if the warrant is enforceable in this situation