Bus Lane - requirements

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have received a bus lane penalty charge from Lambeth, stating that I was in the bus lane on a Saturday at 17.56.

Obviously normally bus lanes are for weekdays and or rush hour times.

I was in a area not familiar to me, but there were no signs indicating this was a 24/7 bus lane.

The picture has the correct time,date and some other stuff/code underneath.

What my query is what is required by them to inform motorists that this was a 24/7 bus lane

Any thoughts most welcomed on what is required.

The signage will provide the key as to whether the lane is full or part time. I do recall that if NO times/days are displayed, the lane is enforced 24/7. That said, I've no knowledge of the area you were caught in, perhaps someone more local will advise...

unless the sign is the wrong sign according to the Traffic order.

How to appeal unfair bus lane tickets take a look here, maybe posting up photo's of the bus lane would help.

Write to Julius Joseph or Leo Ward at Lambeth Parking Services if you believe you have a case, this bypasses the muppets in the back office who cant be bothered to consider your informal appeals. (espeacialy on friday which is poets day)

How to appeal unfair bus lane tickets take a look here, maybe posting up photo's of the bus lane would help.

Write to Julius Joseph or Leo Ward at Lambeth Parking Services if you believe you have a case, this bypasses the muppets in the back office who cant be bothered to consider your informal appeals. (espeacialy on friday which is poets day)

Thanks

Does it matter that the picture in my penalty notice charge is very bad and you cannot see the registration at all. How do I know this is my car for a start anyway???

Just looked at their website for more pics, and it looks like my car. Seems I turned right just before I should of done at the traffic lights (following the car in front no doubt:-x). Looks like they have got me, it was only because I don't know the area well.

What a bummer. still appeal though, give me time to find the dosh.

bus lane 3.doc

Just looked at their website for more pics, and it looks like my car. Seems I turned right just before I should of done at the traffic lights (following the car in front no doubt:-x). Looks like they have got me, it was only because I don't know the area well.

What a bummer. still appeal though, give me time to find the dosh.

Is this the clapham park road camera??

Not a Driver myself but there is a sign just before you go down that bit ( shown in photo) where is says buses and cycle only I have never seen a car using that lane on week days or weekends and I remember it being 'built' as a buslane because of the traffic build up all the way from Acre Lane down ( the cars have to go round to the right)

Yes it is the exact one

From memory there is a sign missing at the start of this bus lane, there shoud be a sign at the start of the taper and one where the taper finishes and the lane starts.the one at the end of the taper is missing or was LOL

There is also a bit of confusion at a set of lights further up the road where there is a left turn sign??

what we need is a side on photo of the bus lane taper where there is only one sign(unless they have rectified this) and a head on view of the start of the taper, it seems too short for the speed of the lane should be 15m's I think

There are also a few minor problems with the ticket. scan this in without the personal stuff so we can check.

I'd like to open up the doors of possibility to this post. Imagine yourself relaxing and then put yourself in to a state of complete conviction that what you are about to say is the absolute truth of the matter. As you believe, so you will receive...

"I now declare from the infinite resources of the universe come an easy 5 fold return to the poster on the total fine through unexpected means either right now or sometime in the very near future in an empowering and enjoyable way. This ticket is now turned in to an immediate blessing and source of peace, inspiration and relaxation. Everything is possible. Yes indeed, there is mutual acceptance, understanding, forgiveness and speedy resolution for the best of all involved. Now. Done. Over. Next."

th_70961_red_122_187lo.JPG

I'd like to open up the doors of possibility to this post. Imagine yourself relaxing and then put yourself in to a state of complete conviction that what you are about to say is the absolute truth of the matter. As you believe, so you will receive...

"I now declare from the infinite resources of the universe come an easy 5 fold return to the poster on the total fine through unexpected means either right now or sometime in the very near future in an empowering and enjoyable way. This ticket is now turned in to an immediate blessing and source of peace, inspiration and relaxation. Everything is possible. Yes indeed, there is mutual acceptance, understanding, forgiveness and speedy resolution for the best of all involved. Now. Done. Over. Next."

th_70961_red_122_187lo.JPG

hic !! LOL

whu1 I have linked you to a thread for exactly the same bus lane, the OP has kindly supplied all of the photies of the bus lane and what is wrong with it.

Have a read of it then post back what you wish to do.

34J - Being in a Bus Lane - Page 5 - Penalty Charges Forum

Wow, very informative.

Will appeal with various info taking from this and see what happens.

Thanks

Wow, very informative.

Will appeal with various info taking from this and see what happens.

Thanks

remember to send to the names/name I gave you.

I know for a fact that the back office here is short staffed.

send recorded delivery/signed for

• 2 weeks later...
No reply since, what is the normal time????

The appeal on the other thread has been going since 10-7-08 with no reply LOL

There are short staffed (and tempered LOL) so they will keep you waiting for a while longer

The appeal on the other thread has been going since 10-7-08 with no reply LOL

There are short staffed (and tempered LOL) so they will keep you waiting for a while longer

:eek:

Might as well forget about it and keep that recorded delivery note save somewhere.:D