• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Davey vs Amex

davey77
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5025 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi DD.. been away from the computer for a couple of days and just catching up.

In line with the securitisation i sent the following email to the ICO:

"I would be grateful for the ICO's views on requests for certain information under the Data Protection Act. Specifically in relation to a Subject Access Request to a Creditor by a Consumer for information the Creditor holds regarding an account that has been part of a Securitisation pool or has, past or present, been passed to such a third partly under such a financial arrangement - namely a SVP as part of any securitisation process. In failing to supply information relating the Securitisation would the Creditor have breached a request under the DPA?

Given that such an arrangement for an account, although aggregated for this purpose, necessarily links back to an individual it seems clear that basic information as to whether or not a given account forms part of an outside (third party) securitisation pool by having been sold to an SPV would essentially be classed as personal data and therefore any such arrangement should be specified in reply to a Subject Access Request. Also, to assess if that account had been at some point transferred to countries without adequate protection, or not.

Thanks for your reply in advance."

Today i had this so watch this space:

"Case Reference Number *********

Dear Mr davey

Thank you for your correspondence dated 21st May 2009 regarding ICO guidance on subject access requests.

The matters you have raised will be assigned to one of our casework teams before being allocated to a case officer who will respond in line with our current service standards.

Should you wish to contact us about this matter please quote the above case reference number. Failure to do so may delay the processing of your request.

If you would like to contact our Helpline please call 08456 30 60 60, or 01625 54 57 45 if you would prefer to call a 'national rate' number.

Yours sincerely

Signed on behalf of

Mr Paul Arnold

Head of Customer Service"

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

Barclays - Monthly payments made

Cahoot - Agreement received, awaiting 2nd agreement after DCA.

MBNA1&2 - Agreements received. (Currently in limbo)

Halifax - Davey vs Halifax/Cabot

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Cap1 **WON** £1,500 Written Off Davey vs Cap1

Never Sign Anything

• Replies 272
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Davey, I am going to copy your post above to the thread that DD has linked

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/202474-well-amex-declines-answer.html

I think it is very relevant to the discussion going on over there:D

Edited by citizenB
link corrupted

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No worries CB. The ICO are taking there time but once i have a reply i'll post it here and on the other thread.

D

:!: -Any advise I give is based purely on my own experience. It should not be solely relied upon as I am NOT a legal expert and any major decisions you make should not be based on my opinion alone -

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

No worries CB. The ICO are taking there time but once i have a reply i'll post it here and on the other thread.

D

Great, thank you. :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

No worries! ;)

Nothing back from the ICO as yet and only a statement from Amex today including another late payment fee.

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Amex-11.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hi Davey,

In all of this I think the fact they have not yet defaulted you is key, I was defaulted after one missed payment as I have an agreement from 2006 that is enforceable. These guys are like Vultures and dont hang around a carcass long, they'll pick the meat as fast as they can :-(

S.

Hey,

Yes i know what you mean.. and that's what i hear about Amex constantly. That out of all the creditors out there they are the worst of the pond slime going.

Looking forward to seeing what they send next.. until such time as i can find a solicitor that wants to step on them for me lol

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

5 weeks later a reply from CallCredit about the Notice of Correction:

CallCredit.jpg

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

"not apportioning blame on the lenders"

Yes, thats right protect your REAL customers you weasels :-D

S.

yep! Exactly... the CRAs and the Lenders are practically the same companies. Stupid Cruel Underhand Morons

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

what is a notice of correction?

This will explain it best:

Notice of Correction - Consumer Wiki

Actually i am just forward thinking and know that it won't make any difference but wanted some wording on the files relating to the duff agreements for my own benefit and to show the respective DCAs etc who check my files that i am disputing matters, that there IS a dispute and i am still fighting. ;)

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Hello Davey77!

The Callcredit letter is just further proof that the CRAs are part of the problem...they are the corrupt Data Engines that power the whole rotten Debt Industry.

The mess the banks are in is ample proof that all the Credit Checks they ever carried out were all utterly pointless. Not one has prevented them from getting themselves in the mess they are in.

These idiots just wanted to know all about Consumers, thinking that knowledge would make life easier for them to make money out of us, both to cherry pick their targets, and nail any that dared to step out of line while being bled dry via the Debt Industry.

They were so lazy, they thought that by removing the thinking process from the lending process, they could fleece us just by pressing buttons and relying on intimate details spoon fed to them by the data harvesting creeps at the CRAs.

This is war. The CRAs are not on our side, never were, never will be.

Always deal with the CRAs on the clear understanding that they do not want to help you, and will do absolutely anything to avoid helping you if it's even slightly seen, by them, as being something that is opposed to the interests of the Debt Industry.

Think of them as you would The Borg on Star Trek: they all think alike, act alike and booolsheeet alike so, asking them for help to do anything will always be very hard work.

I know you know this Davey77, so these comments are aimed at those who have yet to appreciate just what the CRAs stand for.

Cheers,

BRW

So Davey, how will they know if the signature you send them is the correct signature ??

BCOBS

Hello CB!

That has got me thinking...

...I hold a Shotgun Licence, and the neat thing about that is the Licence can't easily be copied, as there's a wavy pattern in the background that, when copied, produces the words FRAUD or COPY, something like that anyway!

It could be quite neat to have some small labels made up for CAG, that Caggers can buy from CAG, that you stick to the bottom of letters, i.e. it looks like this, you stick it at the bottom of the letter, and sign the Label:

=========================

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

--------------------------------

-THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP-

But, if copied, a little message appears...

XXCROOKSXCROOKSXCROOKSXXX

--------------------------------

-THE CONSUMER ACTION GROUP-

I'm sure everyone would be happy to buy a little sheet of them, and use them when sending off CCA Requests, S.A.R.s and letters to the CRAs.

The idiots then get a signature, but can't do much with it!

Cheers,

BRW

• Haha 1

Thanks for the info BRW.. always good to remind people that the CRAs are the enemy just as much as the Creditors. ;)

CB.. try this:

ANTITAMPERSIGN.jpg

Sign it lightly and put a line through it. Let them try to copy that and even if they do, you will notice.

• Haha 1

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

:lol: Fantastic idea, BRW.. I think this could catch on. :)

Thank you Davey, I have also linked stressed mum to this post. :D

BCOBS

• 2 weeks later...

I had a 'calling card' from RMA.. no idea who it was from so posted it on the Mint thread the other week:

RMA.jpg

RMA_0001.jpg

I now know it's Amex as i have just had this email:

[email protected]

Private & Confidential RMA

Dear Mr X, Can your please contact me to discuss your American Express account , i have been attempting contact with yourself since 08.06.09, and the matter is very important .

Yours Sincerely

Miss Natalie Clark

Senior Account Executive RMA

TEL : 01772 843096

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Dear Davey

Rest assured, RMA/NCO will not be coming round - this is a rather sad attempt at intimidation.

I dealt with RMA for two years and they "managed" my account on behalf of Amex, during this time they lost payments, refused to respond to a SAR request or a S78(1) request. When I finally stopped paying them one of their team leaders went crazy and told me to keep paying other wise the account would be transferred back to Amex and that she would lose her bonus (no joke). I could not believe it.

I would not worry too much about them your account will be heading either to VilCol or Brachers Solicitors and there is a lot about both on CAG.

Thanks Monty and Shadow.. yes i realise it's just all bluff and nonsense as per usual from these morons.

Complaint sent to the OFT and TS re their tactics.

That is funny (moaning about her bonus) like you care?! lol

HFC Bank - Davey vs HFC

MINT - Davey vs Mint

Amex - Davey vs Amex

Never Sign Anything

Davey, if that came like that with no envelope, please send a copy of it to the OFT . That comes under the heading of physchological harassment, apparently. :D

BCOBS

Do any of these cards ever result in anyone coming round? I had the misfortune to deal with RMA a couple of years ago and I got a few of these 'The RMA Bogey Man is coming to get you' cards, but no one ever turned up.

What I found surprising was that even a small amount of resistance from me caused RMA to give up and pass the account to someone else. All well and good for me but the implication is that these tactics must have a degree of success, otherwise they wouldn't be using them. it is scandalous that DCA's are so unregulated.