DLA Visit from Customer Liasion manager - current claim for a child

Tantrumfly
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5575 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My daughter is autistic. In June she turns 16. I received paperwork, asking whether she is capable of taking care of her of her own affairs, or who will be her appointee. I informed them that I am looking after her claim as she is incapable and when she completes her education aged 19, we shall use a Power of Attorney to handle her affairs from there.

On the claim, they can see she that is autistic and has a developmental disability, so any ideas why they are sending someone out to talk to me about whether she really needs someone to look after her financial affairs. I use her DLA to provide for things directly relating to her disability.

I got this letter saying they are sending this person to see me. I am baffled. Has anyone else had this, or can explain to me why all of a sudden they dont trust me?

Just to say hi and you're not being ignored, but I don't know. Maybe it's just to make sure that you are not doing this without your child's knowledge to swindle her of her benefits? Who knows what the DLA thinks, or indeed if they think at all? Hopefully, it will just be routine, but if you can let us know once they've been if you ever find out the reasoning, then pls let us know so it can help the next person with the same query (could be me in 4 yrs time, when ds turns 16, lol)