FIRST CHOICE, holiday fines

jt07
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5539 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i was wondering if anyone could advise me about this situation im in,

i am part of a group of 6 who have booked a holiday with first choice for july 2009 for two weeks, we booked it in september 2008, we booked two appartment rooms which had the capacity of 8people in total so providing there was 8 people going on the holiday it was £350 but with 6people it was more expensive, anyway i now have found out that my holiday request from work has now been declined!so i am unable to go, however this would mean i would lose my deposit of 30 which is not the end of the world but i now have been notified by the lead name on the holiday that because i have pulled out he is recieving a £370 by feburary 11th which is the date the first installment is due, and if this isnt paid the price for the whole holiday is due which is £2147,

i do not understand how this is possible for first choice to produce these "fines" i thought if you cancel the holiday within a good month or 2 you only lose your deposits... please help

They will charge for under capacity - so you pulling out has made the holiday more expensive for each person. You mention 6 people and 8 people, have 2 of you pulled out? ie you and your partner?

Ask your freind to get a full breakdown of the cost with you not included from 1st choice and see how the figures work out.

The deposit will not be only £30 - this will be a low deposit offer - the full amount is usually around £140 per person.

Is there any chance your holiday from work will be allowed?

Consumer Health Forums - where you can discuss any health or relationship matters.

there was a maximum capacity for 8 people but we only found 6, its just me thats pulled out, and no my work are unsure weather they can work something out so i do not want to run the risk, also my financial situation has changed dramaticaly so it does not seem likely i will be able to afford it, i have only paid 30 pound deposit so far and have not signed anything, this 370pound fine is the only thing im very confused about

Not an expert but have booked many holidays.

I think you'll find that you only paid the 'low deposit' and the remainder of the deposit was to be paid on a date set by First Choice. That remainder will still need to be paid and I presume that the difference will be for the 'under occupancy'. 6 booked and now only 5 can go, that would change the costing, which also will have to be paid.

This all falls on the head of the 'lead name' ie: the person who actually booked the holiday.

• 4 weeks later...

How come your holiday request was declined? Firstly, no firm can decline a request for Holiday entitlement without a very good cause.

If your firm Double booked you with someone else off at the same time, then priority goes to the person who have made a financial commitment first.

Did you book your holiday before asking for time off? if you did then you should have checked first really, but that is still not a reason for it not to be honoured.

My firm wont take Holiday bookings for each year till The start of the year, i booked to go im May, asked work, they said it is no problem, i booked, then told them the date.

Came in after Christmas, my boss booked the same time off, he said as he is the owner he has preferential treatment, me i told him he told me to book it, so he backed down lol.