Credit card, current account and loan charges?

antarctica
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Please don't jump down my throat as I have read the FAQ's and can't see it anywhere but

Is there anyway you can claim back all the £1.50 ATM handling charges for taking your own cash out?

Thanks and sorry for all the queries.

A

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No. ATM charges are not penalties.

Yes they are - but so are strawberries at Wimbledon and you can't get those back either.

Yes they are - but so are strawberries at Wimbledon and you can't get those back either.

LMAO :lol:

£1.50 is good i remember when it was silly charges like £5 for some banks and they had to stop that!

Natasha

Abbey-received DPA letter on 13/03, received some breakdown till 2004 waiting for the more recent ones(where most charges occurred)

sent reminder email on 17/4/06

called abbey on 19/04/06 to remind them:rolleyes:

sent another email on 26/04/06:mad:

Approx charges £2500

received £500 refund in dec 06

sent LBA

Capital one- sent DPA letter 17/03

Sent prim letter for charges of £260 14/04

Received a refund £109 awaiting further refund of £151

Settled IN FULL

Barclay card- Sent DPA letter 17/03 sent reminder 14/04

received info claiming £120

settled in FULL

LMAO :lol:

£1.50 is good i remember when it was silly charges like £5 for some banks and they had to stop that!

at least you're getting something for your cash when you buy the strawberries. :wink:

Hello again

I have been looking at the Letter before action in the library. Just one bit I am not sure about "I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX "

I know how much they have taken but I have no idea what they have charged me in interest on top of it. I thought I was only claiming for the amount taken plus 8%apr?

A

The 8% is only if and when you start court proceedings, not when you first ask for refund from the bank.

The first part is a tricky one, as some people feel they should reclaim both the charges and the interest they were charged on those charges, or/and the higher rate of unauthorised borrowing.

Some feel that as long as they get the charges back, it's quite sufficient, and is the end amount really worth trying to work it out? As usual, it's really a judgement call.

Good stuff.

Let us know how you get on.

certainly will. :twisted:

ready to take the b*ggers to court if they don't cough up after the 14 days.

total shame i was stupid enough to pay £5 a month for a stupid overdraft service all those years ago - the bank statements make depressing reading. oh well, you live and learn.

But if you go to court - remember that this is a serious step and you will need to be prepared to prove your case on the balance of probabilities.

Standard response

"Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 16:02:46 -0000

Dear XXXXXXXXXX

Thank you for your e-mail dated 7 March 2006. I am sorry to hear that you have not been happy with my response to date.

Unfortunately there is little I am able to add to my letter dated 9 February 2006 and I am only able to refer you back to the terms and conditions of your account, although I do respect your opinion about our charges.

In the circumstances I must advise that this letter is the bank's final response, which means that if you remain dissatisfied you may refer your complaint to the Financial Ombudsman Service. If you decide to pursue your complaint through the Financial Ombudsman Service you must do so within 6 months from the date of this letter. You can contact them at The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0845 080 1800. Website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk

Yours sincerely

David Just

Assistant Manager "

Action will follow!

I think that it is time for a letter before action - 14 days

Then the Good News.

hang on their email was in response to this letter from the library, did i send the wrong one?

"[your address]

[their address]

LETTER BEFORE ACTION

Dear Sir/Madam,

ACCOUNT NUMBER: xxxxxxxxx

I now understand that the regime of 'fees' which you have been applying to my account in relation to direct debit refusals, exceeding overdraft limits and so forth are unlawful at Common Law, Statute and recent Consumer regulations.

I would draw your attention to the terms of the contract which you agreed to at the time that I opened my account. It is an implied term of that contract that you would conduct yourselves lawfully and in a manner which complies with UK law.

I am frankly shocked that you have operated my account in this way as I had always reposed confidence in your integrity and expertise as my fiduciary.

I calculate that you have taken £XXXXX plus £XXX which you have charged me in overdraft interest for the sum which you have taken. Total £XXXXX

Additionally you have entered a default notice against my credit record. This default occurred merely in respect of unlawful charges levied by you or was the result of impecuniosity caused directly by he taking by you of penalty charges which you had applied unlawfully to my account.

In addition to full payment of the sum mentioned above I require that you remove the default entry from the register. Please note that mere correction or amendment to the entry will not be acceptable.

I require repayment in full of this money and removal of the default notice. If you do not comply fully within 14 days then I shall begin a claim against you for the full amount plus interest plus my costs and without further notice.

Yours faithfully,

[name]"

OK

you sent the LBA

Now send the Good News - if you are satisfied that you are prepared to go to court

OK

you sent the LBA

Now send the Good News - if you are satisfied that you are prepared to go to court

Thanks, was worried I had sent the wrong one for a minute!

When you say "the good news" do you mean start proceedings on money claim after 14 days.

Sorry to ask but the Library section confuses me a bit as there are so many letters in it.

A

Yes, the court claim form

• 7 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Last year I didn't follow up on this so i started it all over again this year. They didn't even respond to my letter asking for my charges back and I started moneyclaim proceedings against Lloyds Credit Card and Lloyds Current account on 13th March.

They have til 1st April to respond online.

Will keep this thread updated.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks