Credit card, current account and loan charges?

antarctica
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are disproportionate penalties then yes.

It applies to everything.

Look at Other Institutions - someone is even taking on Marks & Sparks!

My faith in this country's retail icons is rapidly disappearing. :Cry:

Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I am intending on using email for this, as I use it for everything else and to me it's the same as writing a letter and it's still "in writing"

Would I need to write 3 letters/emails or can I just quote all account numbers and email the template off to [email protected]

A

Bang it all off in one.

By the way you used the word "apply" in your opening post.

I very strongly suggest that you modify your mindset. You are claiming - not applying. The money is yours. You aren't asking for permission and if you go in applying then you are cruising for a fall.

:)

I don't know why I said apply. I am claiming my money back, it wasn't theirs to take in the first place!

Thanks v much for your help.

Off to write the email right now.

Will let you know how it goes.

A

I emailed Lloyds the standard template yesterday and got this back:

"Thank you for the e-mail, which has been passed to this office by the On-line Helpdesk.

I am sorry to learn that you are unhappy over the level of charges you have incurred on your Lloyds TSB accounts.

Under the circumstances, your e-mail has been passed on to the Manager of the Complaints Unit within Customer Care. I have asked that he notes your comments and issues and that a response is be sent you at the earliest opportunity.

Regards

Keith Boden

Lloyds TSB - Customer Care

Birmingham

"

I have no idea whether this is good or bad!

Where address did you email as I'm looking to do the same. Does anybody know if its better to email the letter or send by post ? If so what address would you send to as my original branch has now shut down.

Hello,

I don't think its makes much difference whether you use post or email - as long as you keep copies of all correspondance and build yourself a 'paper trail'.

As previously mentioned by others Lloyds seems to be behind with the times in using email to respond to customers so expect a letter rather than an email back.

The email address I used is [email protected] but I would follow up with a copy via post as well to their office of complaints in Birmingham just to be sure.

Good luck,

Princess of Power!

Ok great does anyone have the Birmingahm address to hand ? Did you send a letter here at the same time as the email ? Or wait a while 1st ?

i have had an acknowledgement from them (above)in less than 24 hours so I am not going to bother as I know they have read it.

When did you send your email? Just wondering how quick they are to acknowledge it?

Also just found this address for Complaints too:-

Customer Care, Lloyds TSB, 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 3SF (bit confused which is the correct postal address now - or maybe its both?!)

Princess of Power!

since I no longer have an agreed overdraft do I have to have the below highlighted passage in the letter, or should I leave it blank, or should I get them to offset the refunded charges against my loan

With this in mind, I respectfully request that you return to me ALL charges made on this account in the last 6 years within 7 days of receipt of this letter by way of personal cheque. If you choose not to do so, I will start proceedings for recovery in the County Courts, as I believe that legally I am entitled to this money back. By doing so, you will be eligible for my court costs and for an extra 8% APR as allowed by the County Courts Act (1984). This money would be used in some way to clear my overdraft on this account.

Any ideas ??

When did you send your email? Just wondering how quick they are to acknowledge it?

Also just found this address for Complaints too:-

Customer Care, Lloyds TSB, 125 Colmore Row, Birmingham B3 3SF (bit confused which is the correct postal address now - or maybe its both?!)

Hi

I sent it: 07 February 2006 14:18 and got the acknowldgement: Wed, 8 Feb 2006 09:55

Guest stephen

Sorry but that would be so funny some on form the Bank Action Group working for the bank.

Wonder what there advert would say! Or was it one of those advertisements

YOUR BANK NEEDS

YOU!

There probably advertising in the prisons all con-artists wanted this is due to the fact we need new ways of ripping people off (allegedly) ( because the Bank Action Group keeps stopping us)

I received this today from Lloyds:

Dear X

Re: Account Charges

Thank you for taking the time to contact us about your account.

Your concern

I think it would be helpful if I set out my understanding of your concern:

· You feel that the charges you have incurred as contrary to the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulation 1999.

You are unhappy with that amount of charges you have incurred as a result of being overdrawn and from returned items.

You have requested that all charges incurred should be refunded for the past 6 years.

What's happened?

When you become a customer, we give you details of any charges for the day to day running of your account. Details of our charges are also available from our branch staff, telephone helpline or available on our website. While banking with us can be completely free, we only apply charges if a customer does not have enough money in their account to meet payments they have requested us to make.

Why has this happened?

You incurred charges because you did not ensure funds were available in your account to cover the payments set up by you. It is your responsibility to operate your account within any agreed limits. If your expenditure exceeds your income, you need to consider cancelling or reducing your monthly commitments.

As a business we are entitled to set charges to cover additional work, as is any other business. These charges are not hidden and are notified in the guide to banking charges leaflet we produce. We do not hide these charges and advise our customers to ensure cleared funds are available in their accounts to meet payments due. You will also note that in the front of each cheque book we request that funds are available before cheques are issued.

You accepted these terms when you opened your account and when you agreed your overdraft. We did not agree to pay your account in excess of the amount agreed without charges being made.

I must advise that we will expect your account to be run in line with the terms and conditions of its operation. This means that you must ensure that cleared funds are deposited into the account the working day before any payments are due. If you do not feel you will be able to run your account in accordance with the terms and condition, we may have to consider withdrawing certain facilities, such as any debit cards, overdrafts and chequebooks. Alternatively, you may wish to consider alternative banking arrangements.

Regarding your request for details of charges on your account for the past six years, I can advise that I am prepared to accept your request under the Data Protection Act. However I should point out that there is normally a £10 fee for information requested under Data Protection, although I am prepared to waive this on this occasion. In addition, I can also advise that some statement records we hold are on microfiche and, as such, fall outside the requirements of the Data Protection Act. Although this is the case, I can advise you that I have asked for copy statements to be produced for the period in question, which will highlight the charges you have referred to and I will send these to you within the next three weeks, which I trust will be acceptable. Our usual charge of £5.00 per copy statement has been waived on this occasion.

What happens next?

I hope that you feel I have made a fair decision on your complaint, but if you wish to talk about any of this, please call me on 0121 600 3243, or write to me at the above address.

You can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to independently review my decision. You can contact them at The Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London, E14 9SR. Telephone: 0845 080 1800. Website: http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk. If you do want them to look at your complaint, they need you to get in touch with them within 6 months of the date of this letter.

Thank you once again for taking the time to raise your concerns with us.

Yours sincerely

David Just

Assistant Manager

• 2 weeks later...

just an update on this.

I have received 3 years worth of statements from the Lloyds with a letter saying that the credit card statements will be on their way within weeks.

so i have emailed them back today to request the other three years worth!

credit to them though they have given me them for free and also as a response to an email, not bad really.

will go through them with a marker pen as soon as the rest arrive! (and it had all better happen within the 40 days or slse!) :twisted:

just an update on this.

I have received 3 years worth of statements from the Lloyds with a letter saying that the credit card statements will be on their way within weeks.

so i have emailed them back today to request the other three years worth!

credit to them though they have given me them for free and also as a response to an email, not bad really.

will go through them with a marker pen as soon as the rest arrive! (and it had all better happen within the 40 days or slse!) :twisted:

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 1881 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks