Urgent Help reg: Lowell financial ltd !!!!!!???

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5565 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been receiving the letters from Lowell regarding the debt from 3G phone. Actually, i had bought 3 phone contract for my friend from dialaphone via online website. I then contacted dialaphone to change the account details on his name and he started paying the bills via direct debit from his own bank account. the dial a phone agent said that, he can not change a name but can change the bank details. Then i left that place in may 2005 and lost touch with that friend. in 2008, i went to get mortgage but refused saying bad credit history. when i checked this on experian, i came to know about this unpaid debt of 290 GBP on my name since 2006. I dont know whether he did not paid bills or he did not cancel the contract and it continued to increase the debt. that time i also had another mobile contract and had it for upto 2008 from 3. but they never mentioned abt that debt of 290 gbp. After i came to knew abt this debt wrote letter to 3G phone and asking the details. in that letter i wrote current account numbers and name but they stated that i do not have any debt. Then onwards, i sat relaxed and did nothing. neary end of the 2008 i started getting letters from Lowell finance asking to repay the debts. I kept ignoring and once i wrote email explaining the situations on provided email address on their letters but the email did not go through. Last, i received letter from HAMPTON LEGAL threatning with legal action if i do not reply in 7 days.

I am in a difficult situation. how to explain all this mess and improve credit history. How to deal with Hampton's last letter. Should i contact or should i ignore them ? how to use 3G letter sent to me confirming no debt (if i could find that) and if i had cancelled my one 3G phone why they did not cancelled the another contract, which i imagine should be interlinked account. or if my friend paid upto the first term of contract and he did not bothered to pay after that. can any expert advice on this as i can not afford to pay this money as recently i had burglers and lost two grand worth things and had no insurance. please help... your help wil be highly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.

Hi,

Lowells have been buying some duff 3 accounts lately so my immediate thought is to send a prove it letter.

Don't worry about Hamptons. They are just the pseudo legal team across the room from the Leeds losers.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi,

Lowells have been buying some duff 3 accounts lately so my immediate thought is to send a prove it letter.

Don't worry about Hamptons. They are just the pseudo legal team across the room from the Leeds losers.

fox

How to write a letter? i mean what to write...any proper format related to my problems. Thanks Fox

I'm afraid that it is bad news.

You are responsible for the account and will have to deal with it.

Doesn't seem fair - but frankly from the stories we hear, it is not a good idea to do people these kinds of favours.

I don't want to stick up for the industry but it boils down to this:

You gave credit to a friend becaus the Industry wouldn't give him credit - for whatever reason.

Maybe you are now finding out why the industry thought that he wasn't a good risk

lowells have indeed been buying duff debts i think fox may mean a cca letter (where you ask for a true copy of your credit agreement) without this they cannot collect on the debt. i stress the debt doesnt get swallowed it just isnt collectable) not sure how it affects ur credit rating tho as im only a newbie myself . as i say im only new and have NO LEGAL TRAINING SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER BEFORE COMMITING YOURSELF TO ANY ACTION

I'm afraid that it is bad news.

You are responsible for the account and will have to deal with it.

Doesn't seem fair - but frankly from the stories we hear, it is not a good idea to do people these kinds of favours.

I don't want to stick up for the industry but it boils down to this:

You gave credit to a friend becaus the Industry wouldn't give him credit - for whatever reason.

Maybe you are now finding out why the industry thought that he wasn't a good risk

I would not like to speculate any thing as i and you are not sure what happend with this account. Money was being paid. 3G never contacted me eventhough i had another account with them. if i had received any communications from them quickly i would have resolved. i am sorry but your approach is wrong to me. i would advise you to understand the facts first. all i m asking is, how to get in touch with them. how to prove my point. whether they are charging me any interest or not. please help me if you can or let other people do that. Thanks nothing is personal.

lowells have indeed been buying duff debts i think fox may mean a cca letter (where you ask for a true copy of your credit agreement) without this they cannot collect on the debt. i stress the debt doesnt get swallowed it just isnt collectable) not sure how it affects ur credit rating tho as im only a newbie myself . as i say im only new and have NO LEGAL TRAINING SO PLEASE FEEL FREE TO INVESTIGATE FURTHER BEFORE COMMITING YOURSELF TO ANY ACTION

but would it not be an admitance of the debt ?

You can't CCA a mobile account (it's not covered)

Contact 3 to make sure they and you know what the situation is.

Until you know which account this debt relates to, you can't be expected to be able to be in a position to pay it, That's why I said send the prove it letter.This is the one to send:

Dear Sir/Madam

Account no:

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive/and or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

**Edit to suit**

Remember, don’t sign the letter.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

I had dealings with Lowell regarding an old 3 account, from what I have seen they cannot provide any sort of proof for any of the 3 accounts that they bought.

They backed down straight away after receiving a letter asking them to prove it, this is not usual for lowell, and after the appearance on watchdog regarding the 3 accounts, I doubt they want any more bad publicity.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/164250-alex-delarge-lowell-3-a.html