Issues With Empire Direct

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5536 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys first post be gentle with me lol

I’m having trouble reclaiming my TV from them, it was taken by them for repair on the 13th January 09. I took advice from the Citizens Advice that the TV was in fact legally mine and I have the right to get it back ASAP.

I have found it very difficult dealing with the staff the other end of the help-line (I understand that they most defiantly will loose their jobs) I’ve been told that I wont get it back, they have refused to let me speak with anyone higher up and been refused an address for the administrators.

I have since (with help from Citizens Advice) found an address to write to and requested my TV back.

I’m worrying myself to death over this as I will be be looking at about £1000 to replace the TV I have lost and I was looking for someone who have had similar experiences and if they were successful? Or anyone with advice for me if they ignore my letter, should I go back to the Citizens Advice or get myself a solicitor?

Many Thanks

After a quick google search I found this below - all I can suggest is that you contact one of the numbers listed. Best of luck!

Another UK retailer has gone titsup - electrical retailer Empire Direct has gone into administration.

The Leeds-based chain's 14 warehouse shops and online store are shut as

Another UK retailer has gone titsup - electrical retailer Empire Direct has gone into administration.

The Leeds-based chain's 14 warehouse shops and online store are shut as it was unable to trade in administration because of low stock levels. The firm's collapse means 150 jobs have been lost.

Customers awaiting orders should email [email protected], or phone 0871 4729000. Suppliers should call 0871 4729001.

it was unable to trade in administration because of low stock levels. The firm's collapse means 150 jobs have been lost.

Customers awaiting orders should email [email protected], or phone 0871 4729000. Suppliers should call 0871 4729001.

Try this page Untitled Page but it doesn't look good for you. Very sorry.

This is what they say about items returned for repair.

Q. What if I have an item in for repair?

A. The administrators are not in a position to complete any repairs which have been commenced. The administrators are working hard to determine the status of all repairs and will be contacting repair customers as soon as reasonably practicable. Please log your repair queries with the call centre or via the email address [email protected]

Keep trying and keep hoping.

Again I know about all this (really not trying to be funny with you) Citenzens Advice have said that they can not not give me this TV back and I can demand my TV back ASAP i have given them 7 working days to contact me or return the TV to myself which they have choosen to ignore. Any advice on what to do now? Do i contact a solicitor?

• 1 month later...