query of credit report on file!.defamation charges?

maggie
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i contacted equifax 3 days ago ,to find out if black horse(loans through lloyds bank) were removed from our credit history as requested in 2004.i have been informed by equifax qoute=please be advised we received a response back from black horse on the 27/01/04 regarding an online dispute that was raised around this time.they responded to us stating that the account was correctly registered.if you would like us to reinvestigate any entries on your behalf,please complete the notice of dispute form located in the online disputes section.the information you supply should include details of the entry being disputed,reason why you are disputing the entry.once we are in receipt of your completed dispute form we will contact the suppliers concerned .once we receive a response from them,we will inform you of the outcome.

here is the information held on our credit file with our previous bank (lloyds)which is totally out of order as 99% were caused through their insurance company paying the insured loan amount of our loan repayments directly into our account on late,and the amount of charges for "insufficient funds" we had through the insured loan payment being paid in late every month,by the insurance cover we had to take out at the same time as the loans with lloyds bank,were phenomenal.well over £3,000.

this is what is on our credit file ,placed there by black horse . i.e. lloyds bank

12 payments 1 month late,7 payments 2 months in arrears ,19 payments 3 or more months in arrears(all the insurance company making the loan payment in late,plus charges)

2nd.loans report on our credit file=

10 payments i month late,2 payments in arrears,11 payments 3 or more months in arrears.(charges incurred through payments from lloyds loan insurers,once again ,not being paid into our account,before payment was due,but many days later.)the same reason applies to both the above. :Cry:

is there anything i can do about this?,as all statements were destroyed when we closed the account when we paid everything off over nearly 6 yrs ago,and i have no proof of charges incurred on the account,through their own insurance company,not making the payment into our account on time.

we,have in the past,found it very difficult to get credit,and it nearly caused us to have a divorce through the unlawful charges ,added to our account ,from 1994 to 1999.this was the year we actually paid everything off,closed the account with lloyds,and opened a new one with the halifax.(out of the frying pan into the fire you might say?)we lived apart for over 3 yrs through the stress and arguments caused by these charges added,as my husband had been made redundant and we were finding it very difficult to manage on the money we were receiving during this time .

i would be grateful in any help in this matter,as it was just over 6 yrs ago,is there anything we can do. :Cry:

It is very difficult to understand the chronology of your story. Apart from anything else at one point you say that it happened nearly six years ago and at another pint you say that it was over 6 years ago.

It is not clear what the insurance was for or when it was paid.

Would you like to go through it again in an orderly way and we can try and see if there are any solutions.

sorry,but i am so angry,that i can,t think straight.

in 1994 ,and 1995,we took out loans with lloyds bank.at the same time we also took insurance policies ,with lloyds,to cover accidents,redundancy etc;=

when my husband was made redundant a few years later,we sent a claim form into lloyds bank for the insurance policies we took out to cover the loan repayments.

each month,lloyds insurance for the loan repayments,did not pay the loan payments into our current account on time,so we incurred charges for insufficient funds,unauthorised overdraft,and anything else they could think of charging us for.one loan should have been repaid by 1997 but wasn,t cleared until 31/07/1998,as not only did we have to clear the charges added to our account,but also the overdraft caused by these charges.on our credit file it states =date satisfied 31/07/1998.

the second loan should have been repaid by 1998,but wasn,t cleared until the 31/07/1999,for the exact same reasons=insurance payment for loan being paid days after the date,when the original payment should have been taken from our account.therefore more charges being incurred.it was a never ending circle.

no,we haven,t.i don,t know how to go about rectifying our credit file,or proving that all the supposedly late payments on there,were the banks fault through all the charges they added on,and not ours,as we have destroyed all bank statements from lloyds to prove this.

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/06/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6616 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks