HSBC calls

vimto1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5614 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was recommended to write a letter to my bank regarding the volume of calls they are making to me. I have a joint loan with my estranged husband. We have been separated for a number of months and he has not upheld his agreement of paying the debts while I raise our child and try to find work.

As I said in a previous post the bank are calling me up to 4 times daily asking for me to make a payment. They don't have my husbands contact details and refuse to take them from me or my solicitor. Now I wouldn't say they are 'nice' calls but they are not verbally abusive... however the threat of bailiffs etc is starting to get me down. So can I really send them a harrassment letter?

Also, my solicitor has written to them on two separate occasions to ask them to stop chasing the debt until the divorce is finalised, but they have gnored them too.

Hi vimto - we are going through the same thing with them. They only have my OH contact details and are calling him relentlessly every day.

The other week when he refused to confirm his contact details due to security reasons (and has done so ever since) he was called 'pathetic' by their caller - nice eh?!

We did send them the harrassment letter but they have totally ignore it also.

Don't know how to progress with them now.

Lisa

Send this. edit to suit

Re: Harassment by telephone

I am writing to express my serious concerns regarding the telephone calls that I have received from your company.

I have Written and requested that these stop, but I am still receiving calls.

I am now formally requesting that all further correspondence be made in writing only.

I demand that these phone calls stop immediately. I am now familiar with the terms of Section 40 of the Administration of Justice Act 1970, and the Protection from Harassment Act 1970 and I believe your harassment places you in breach of these acts.

If you continue to call, you will also be in breach of the Wireless Telegraphy Act (1949) and, as such, I will report you to both Trading Standards and The Office of Fair Trading.

You will be deemed to have been served notice of my request and I will deem it served by (FULL DATE), I am advising you that any calls received after this date will be recorded with the intention of them being used as evidence.

Yours faithfully,

As for your ex's contact details I would send a them in a letter. They cant refuse it then.

They are picking on you because your the easy target. Wriute with the contact details and they will go after him to.

I would suggest that you start keeping a detailed log of all of the calls and if possible record them too.

There are thousands of people suffering this kind of thing from many organisations and it needs to be stopped. A few public complaints in the courts would bring it to an end for everyone.

Their level of calls is not acceptable.

It really shouldn't be necessary to have to write letter. They shojldn't do it in the first place and if they are asked once on the phone to stop, that shold be enough.

If you can gather evidence of it, we can help you complain, get it stopped and probably get you some compensation too.

• Haha 1

Thank you, what full date should I enter then? Should I give them a specific time limit?

As for ex details, I went in to my local branch and they took his details then, but said they couldn't guarantee they will be accepted. I will definately write another letter to them though and send this telephone harrassment one.

I would be interested to see how to approach them if they ignore the letter though, as Lisa said, they have ignored hers

I would suggest that you start keeping a detailed log of all of the calls and if possible record them too.

There are thousands of people suffering this kind of thing from many organisations and it needs to be stopped. A few public complaints in the courts would bring it to an end for everyone.

Their level of calls is not acceptable.

It really shouldn't be necessary to have to write letter. They shojldn't do it in the first place and if they are asked once on the phone to stop, that shold be enough.

If you can gather evidence of it, we can help you complain, get it stopped and probably get you some compensation too.

Thank you for the advice, I have kept a call diary for the last 3 or so months. However, I do not answer every call, I have been noting down the times and dates of missed calls as I tend to only answer one a week lol. Would the missed calls count? Probably not I imagine...:(

Yes, keep a log of all calls.

If you have sent them a notice under the Protect from Harassment Act then, if and when they fail to comply, you must report them to the police.

Take your letter and the log of all calls with you when you go.

These people are very arrogant and have provably told me lies (which are now the subject of a formal complaint).

Lastly, I recently purchased a trueCall unit to deal with calls. If you go with the offer here on CAG then you get the call recorder part free.

Even if you don't want to record calls then the standard unit gives you a log of calls made and received.

I'm well impressed. It does however have lots of features and capabilities, some of which I will probably not use.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

Right I have a book to log them all, going to answer all calls from now on and see how it goes. The fact I live me my parents worries me though as the bank said the bailiffs won't care if its not my house, they can still cease the assets??