HSBC Credit card debt

dooglemire
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5192 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya dooglemire yes, if they havent supplied the information you have requested under the data protection act then they cant proceed with their recovery... issue them with an LBA but if they dont respond follow it through and issue the writ too, this will stop them dead in their tracks.

pete

If they're overdue on the Subject Access Request , then yes send an LBA - there you go -

NON- COMPLIANCE WITH Subject Access Request

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/6986-data-protection-act-non.html#post38561

• Haha 1

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

Hi

I am looking for a template letter requesting a copy of a signed credit agreement for a bank account overdraft and one also for a shopdirect catalog account. If sombody could please share a template for me that would be great.

Regards

John

Hi scouserlad , welcome to the forum :)

To answer your first question , there is no signed agreement for overdrafts on current accounts , only for Loan or Credit Card agreements.

For your second question have a look at the link here, Letter N is the one you want I think for your shopdirect catalogue account CCA request .

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html#post162353

If you have further queries could you open your own thread please , it saves confusion with the answers on someone else's thread - thanks john:)

Nemo me impune lacessit

Advice & opinions given by johnnymitch are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If you think I've helped you please feel free to tickle my star :-D

• 2 months later...
  • 9 months later...

Hi all here we are a year on from starting this thread has there been a change in the law regarding CCA's etc?

I instructed a company to take this over from me due to health problems but have got nowhere and there latest communication has stated that they are having insurance issues and I should start making payments on the balance.

Where should I go from here?

On a side note can ppi still be reclaimed?

thanks

My old thread seems to have died lol

recap, hsbc no cca been chased by MCS now being chased by DG did have a company who cliamed to be able to clear it off, but they have got nowhere in nearly a year and are now advising me to make token payments! So im goignt to have to try do something about it myself.

I got a letter today from DG reffering to the previous correspondence (not sure which)

Asking me to forward my proposal regarding the account I have 14 days upon which normal recovery will continue.

So what should I do so far Ive had the following ideas;

1 Do nothing, they are just fishing and reminding me they are there, this is the first letter since november.

2 Send off a CCA request to them to highlight the fact I know there isnt one and they know I know there isnt one

3 Send a letter highlighting the "prior consent" clause in the oft guidelines and telling them I will be taking it further.

Any other ideas or what way would you informally reccomend?

Thanks all.