Natwest delaying my case until high court decision!

lorz84
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I would really appreciate any help and advise as to how to proceed with reclaiming bank charges from natwest.

I sent off an initial letter to Stuart Higley (using the letter from the template library) along with a timeline of charges expecting the usual 'we don't think we have done anything wrong' response from natwest. Instead I have received a letter stating that until legal proceedings in the test case with the OFT have been resolved and a decision as to whether bank charges are illegal has been made, then my complaint will be 'stored' with natwest and not taken any further. They also state that they have asked the Financial Ombudsman and courts not to proceed with any cases until the high court decision. Surely I could then be waiting months?!

Should I go ahead with my claim and possibly contact the Financial Ombudsman? Any help would be great as this was not the response I expected to get from Natwest!!!:???:

Hi, lorz.

Yes, continue with your claim, stick to your timetable, it's not for them to dictate to you.

It's more than likely your claim will be 'stayed' but at least you'll be in the 'system' and you never know they may make you an offer.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

To add, don't bother with the Ombudsman. Go to the courts. Start a court claim, put in for your 8% interest and do it all now.

It's just a waiting game unfortunately:mad:

I believe the next significant date for the OFT Test Case is 26 January - so we may (?) hear something soon ????

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

This does seem to be a change of strategy from NatWest as I never had this issue when claiming back credit card charges from them or overdraft charges on another account which I claimed back about a year ago now. I am going to proceed with the next stage of letter writing as advised and hopefully they have just used the previous letter to try and stop me from going ahead with my claim.

Does anyone have any idea how the OFT ruling will go? NatWest's bank charges are so ridiculous even compared to other banks (Barclays charge £12 compared to Natwest's £30 so surely the ruling has got to go against them in some way?