Weightmans LLP

Anonguy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5583 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I received a letter from the above a couple of weeks ago, demanding I call them regarding a debt they are acting on under instruction from their client Arrow Global LLC. I replied enclosing the CCA request letter I sent to Arrow last year, and one which I never had a reply to, telling them their client was in breach, they can't hassle me etc etc as the account is indispute, all information gratefully gleaned by you all on here :) This morning, I received another letter from Weightmans stating:

"PLEASE CONTACT US BY 4PM ON FRIDAY 23 JANUARY TO REDUCE YOUR DEBT BY UP TO 70%

We understand you may be experiencing financial difficulties in the economic climate. For a limited period only, we are instructed to offer up to a 70% reduction of your outstanding debt to our client, subject to financial status. Please contact xxxxx etc etc"

My first instinct is to simply ignore it as it would seem that ths CCA agreement is still "not available". However, is there another better tact I should take do you think?

Thank you for all your help with this, it's really appreciated.

CHeers,

AG

They're just doing what all DCA's in their situation do, trying to convince you that paying something is still a good idea...

Once the 'special offers' come in you can be pretty sure they don't have a leg to stand on and they will soon be sending a letter to say they are no longer dealing with the matter.

The 'bemused' letter is usually effective when a DCA has failed to comply with a CCA and then the account gets passed on to another company. See the one at http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/debt-collection-industry/175840-halifax-problem.html#post1900426

Be good to those who give you advice that helps - click the star to give them your thanks by way of a reputation credit.

Your instinct is correct, ignore the idiots. They know the leglislations and also that there isn't a snowballs chance in hell of enforcing anything, so now they are chancing their arm and trying to salvage something out of the mess they've inherited.

I'm afraid nowadays charity begins at home, besides they are not a deserving cause so give them sweet FA. If your feeling inclined you can always send them another bogoff letter:D

Dear

I Do Not Acknowledge Any Debt to Your Company

I am writing in reference to your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx

I would ask that no further contact be made concerning this matter unless you can provide evidence as to my liability for the alleged debt in question.

If you are unable to provide evidence as to my liability I await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I look forward to your reply.

Yours Faithfully