nona and DCA's

nona
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6504 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have been reading round the threads concerning DCA's, but can't find anyone who is in my particular situation-i don't think:confused:

Ten years ago when my marriage collapsed, i got into financial difficulties-to cut a long story short, i defaulted on a credit card and some store cards. I have now paid the store cards off, but i have agreements with Cabot, Direct Legal and The Logic Group, which I been paying by DD for years now. I hve no contact addresses for any of them. I think Direct Legal are collectiong ont he credit card debt which was for about £7000, originally with MBNA. I don't think they are adding interest and every now and a gain they send me a letter saying that the payments are insufficient and can i increase them? I throw these letters in the bin and they are never followed up. I get no communication fro the others. My question is this-because i have been paying for years and years this obviously means I have accepted the debts, so have i now just got to keep paying them until they are paid off. It's not that I want to get away with anything but now i know how little they paid for my original debt i have probably paid them(the DCA's) well more than they bought the debt for:o

Sorry if this is a bit rambly

Any advice gratefully received

Nona

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

To be honest i would be very suprised if the original debts are not yet paid.

You will probably find there is enough charges by original creditors and dca's to finish of the payments. But in refunding charges you can only go back six years. If you need address for creditors or dca's someone here should be able to help. Just tell us who they are and we could possibly help.

Are you aware that those dca's may not legally be entitled to collect these debts?

Look through the threads of debt collection agencies.

nona, I would suggest that the first thing that you do is send CCA letter's to all the dca's enclosing a £1 postal order(see example earlier in thread alanfromderby). when they reply they should include a copy of the original signed credit agreement and statements of account which should let you see what they say you owe and it's cheaper at this stage than DPA. i was in a similar situation and it seemed that i would never be free from the dca's even tho i paid regularly. i was sure that i'd paid them back given the length of time i had been paying. None of the dca have been able to comply with my cca request to date, so effectively the debt are unenforceable. I have roughly calculated what i've paid back over the 6 years and reckon that i have been paying off the penalty charges in recent years. Anyway i would suggest that as a first step for you. remember to send them by recorded delivery and then you can check when they are delivered, your 12 working days starts from that date. one month after that they have committed an offence and debt is unenforceable

Thanks mckennarise and echobabe, i'll do as you suggest. I was unsure if i could take those steps as I had obviously acknowledged the debts. It's a minefield isn't it?

So next thing-anybody have contact details for The Logic Group, Direct Legal or Cabot?

Thanks folks

[CENTER][SIZE=2][I][COLOR=DarkOrange]Any advice offered is only my opinion, based on my experience with my claim [/COLOR][/I][/SIZE] [SIZE=3][COLOR=Blue][SIZE=2] I won my case because[/SIZE] I READ THESE FIRST[/COLOR][/SIZE] [URL="http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/"][COLOR=red]http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/[/COLOR][/URL] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3]Halifax[/SIZE][COLOR=YellowGreen]-[/COLOR][/COLOR][B][SIZE=4][COLOR=Red][COLOR=YellowGreen]SETTLED IN FULL[/COLOR] :D:D:D[/COLOR][/SIZE][/B][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta] [COLOR=SeaGreen]Prelim letter sent [COLOR=Black]10/07/06[/COLOR] Moneyclaim issued [COLOR=Black]07//08/06[/COLOR][/COLOR] [COLOR=Red]Settled in full[/COLOR] [COLOR=Black]15/08/06 [SIZE=2] [/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][SIZE=2][COLOR=DarkOrchid][SIZE=1]Survey completed. Donation made[/SIZE].[/COLOR][/SIZE][/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [CENTER][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=2][COLOR=magenta][COLOR=Black][COLOR=Navy]Thanks to Dave and Bankfodder, and all who have given their time and advice[/COLOR]:)[/COLOR][/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT] [/CENTER] [FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=red][COLOR=Black]Co-op Bank Visa[/COLOR] Settled after LBA (only £61 but hey ho, every penny counts) [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT][FONT=Comic Sans MS][SIZE=1][COLOR=#00bfff] [/COLOR][/SIZE][/FONT]

Thanks bongobaz

1 down, 2 to go lol

nona

thanks. I'll get on to them tomorrow

Hi folks

I have drafted a letter to Cabot which is basically an amended version of alanfromderby's CCA letter. The problem is I have no details to ut on the letter. I have put a reference number which is just the DD ref from Halifax, and I ahve left the paragraph in about investigating the original amount of the debt, but i don't know who that was with so it looks a bit vague:x

Do you think it will be OK? I don't want to send anything to anybody that looks half baked and like i don't know what i'm doing.

As always-all help gratefully received

Nona