Hamptons / Vodafone

ghands
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi All,

Just before Christmas, I recieved a letter from Red asking me to pay £171.84 for an alledged debt to Vodafone. There was also a letter from Vodafone in the envelope saying they had sold the debt to Red.

I have been a Vodafone customer, but that was before three, I am currently with Tmobile and have been for two years. So this debt would have to be three years old.

I have now recieved a letter from Hamptons, another of the Leeds Losers, who say they are writing to claim back the money for Lowell. Apparently i am being assesed for litigation purposes after an agent was not able to make contact.

It then waffles on about how if I don't get in touch in seven days, court action may be taken and then liststhe consequences - death, my head exploding and hoards of killer bees.

For those of you who remember, I won a recent case against a DCA and got substantial costs. However, i don't think the CCA applies here so I am a bit stuck.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Maybe send the prove it letter:

Dear Sir/Madam

You have contacted me/us regarding the account with the above reference number, which you claim is owed by myself/ourselves.

I/we would point out that I/we have no knowledge of any such debt being owed to (insert company name).

I am/we are familiar with the Office of Fair Trading Debt Collection Guidance which states that it unfair to send demands for payment to an individual when it is uncertain that they are the debtor in question. I would also point out that this would be considered an unfair business practice under the Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008.

I/we would also point out that the OFT say under the Guidance that it is unfair to pursue third parties for payment when they are not liable. In not ceasing collection activity whilst investigating a reasonably queried or disputed debt you are using deceptive and/or unfair methods.

Furthermore ignoring and/or disregarding claims that debts have been settled or are disputed and continuing to make unjustified demands for payment amounts to physical/psychological harassment.

I/we would ask that no further contact be made concerning the above account unless you can provide evidence as to my/our liability for the debt in question.

I/we await your written confirmation that this matter is now closed. Otherwise I will have no option but to make a complaint to the trading standards department and consider informing the OFT of your actions.

I/we look forward to your reply.

Yours faithfully

Print do not sign name.

I'm sure someone else will be along shortly (as this is also a bump for you!)