Ruthbridge

joeve
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5610 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Im so glad i found this forum, i have had two letters this week off Ruthbridge and both of them different but threatening to make me bankrupt, I have tried twice to ring them and i have e-mailed them twice but I guess by what has been wrote on the forum that im lucky not to have a reply,

- i would like to know if anyone has actually been unlucky enough to have been made bankrupt by this company, and what are the procedures followed

-Has anyone sought advice off a solicitor about this company, if so what was the outcome

-Has anyone actually been lucky enough to have there situation resolved,

I have this debt refered to Ruthbridge by Direct legal and collections, who brought the debt from Endeavour personal finance, which was taken out as a secured loan in 1996 and should have been paid when my now ex husband sold our former matrimonial home, but failed to pay the debts!!! and now nearly 13 years later are persuing me for the entire amount of £3318.48p all at once!

I can understand when people have posted that it affects your nights sleep for worrying about it, im petrified they are going to send balliffs around as they have promised, what can i do?

I have printed off a copy of the letter as advised and that will go by recorded delivery on monday, but i was only given 7 days to pay or face bankrupcy, so it doesnt leave me much tim

I sure hope you guys are right,

Ruthbridge have just sent there second letter in three days to me threatening first a CCJ and the second recieved this morning threatening Bankrupcy,

Ive got to admit this stuff is scarey.

Joeve,

Let's look at a couple of things dispassionately.

Firstly, what was the loan secured on - presumably your house? If so it should have been repaid at the time of house sale. Your solicitor would have done this automatically and your husband would have had no say in the matter.

Secondly, was your mortgage held solely by your ex husband or jointly by both of you?

Thirdly, you say the loan is nearly 13 years old. When was the last time that payment was made to the account?

If this was more than six years ago then the debt is statute-barred and repayments cannot be enforced.

Have a few more questions but they depend on the answers to the above.

As for Ruthbridge making you bankrupt : that's a long way down the line and requires various legal procedures, none of which have happened yet. Same with the Bailiffs.

In essence they are making empty threats in order to panic you.

I really do appreciate all those 'thank you' emails - I'm glad I've been able to help. Apologies if I haven't acknowledged all of them.

You can also ding my gong if you prefer. :)

I know it's worrying, we on here have all been there. But I do think you are being conned. Like has been that a secured loan would have been paid by your solicitor which means it won't be secured and more than likely statute barred. The 7 days means nothing. If you have fired off a CCA request then sit back and stop fretting. In a few weeks time you'll be willing them to try again and bring it on. Hard to believe I know but that's all down to CAG.

thank you for emailing me,

just to confirm, i didnt have anything to do with the sale of the house but it was reposessed by the halifax and sold for a profit (£24,000 mortgage!!!!)in 1998, so i just assumed that everything had been covered until DLC started wanting money, i have denied everything and to this date i have paid nothing since 1998, but it was in joint names and DLC claimed the other party had been paying, (Which i dont think is true coz he pays no maintainance for the kids) the letters i have recieved though are in my sole name, not in joint, so i assumed that even if they found the orriginal credit agreement it will show two names on it??? or is that a bit naieve to think that !!!

I appreciate any ideas on how to solve this as i dont have a clue other than the template letters and sit and wait approach, the only thing that does worry me about sit an wait is, is it a bit like sticking ya head in the sand and hoping it will go away??

Let me put in a few words here.

i have had two letters this week off Ruthbridge and both of them different but threatening to make me bankrupt

This is typical. Commonplace. We see it every day. The THREAT is the currency of the debt collector. Only a very small percentage of these threats are ever carried out. Come to think of it, only a small percentage of these threats can legally be carried out.

I have tried twice to ring them and i have e-mailed them twice

Don't communicate with these vermin on the telephone. It is their favourite weapon, because they can make threats which they cannot carry out, knowing there is no written record. Take this weapon away from them.

now nearly 13 years later are persuing me for the entire amount of £3318.48p all at once!

So they are claiming that the other party has been making regular payments, are they? Rather unlikely, I would suggest.

im petrified they are going to send balliffs around as they have promised

If they do they will be committing a criminal offence, as only a court can deploy bailiffs, and then only when there is a court judgment and you have defaulted on it.

but i was only given 7 days to pay or face bankrupcy, so it doesnt leave me much tim

Given seven days by whom? A court, or a bunch of useless windbags with less authority than a dog turd?

Ive got to admit this stuff is scarey

Not to those of us who've seen it all before. It's just rather boring, actually.

even if they found the orriginal credit agreement it will show two names on it

It certainly should do for a joint account, yes.

the only thing that does worry me about sit an wait is, is it a bit like sticking ya head in the sand and hoping it will go away??

No, no, NO!!! There is an absolute world of difference between the “ostrich” approach of sticking your head in the sand and hoping, and the “hit and move” approach of firing a letter off at the enemy which they will not like, and then waiting for them to respond to it.

Even the most aggressive tennis player on the planet will only attack the ball when it is in his court. Once it has been despatched to the other side of the net, there is nothing to do but position yourself properly, be ready, and wait.

Patience is a great virtue in dealing with any alleged debt situation. It is very rare to solve these problems quickly.

You say you have sent a templated letter to Ruthless. Which one was it, exactly? If the letters you have been receiving have an account number and name of original creditor on them which you recognize as being yours, then I would suggest sending the statute barred letter. It is pointless them claiming that the alleged debt is not statute barred, they have to PROVE it.

Only if they manage to do that would I start worrying about challenging them for agreements.

Ruthless are nasty, hence the name, but they are not impossible to see off by any means. You have come to the right place for help.

SH

Let me put in a few words here.

This is typical. Commonplace. We see it every day. The THREAT is the currency of the debt collector. Only a very small percentage of these threats are ever carried out. Come to think of it, only a small percentage of these threats can legally be carried out.

Don't communicate with these vermin on the telephone. It is their favourite weapon, because they can make threats which they cannot carry out, knowing there is no written record. Take this weapon away from them.

So they are claiming that the other party has been making regular payments, are they? Rather unlikely, I would suggest.

If they do they will be committing a criminal offence, as only a court can deploy bailiffs, and then only when there is a court judgment and you have defaulted on it.

Given seven days by whom? A court, or a bunch of useless windbags with less authority than a dog turd?

Not to those of us who've seen it all before. It's just rather boring, actually.

It certainly should do for a joint account, yes.

No, no, NO!!! There is an absolute world of difference between the “ostrich” approach of sticking your head in the sand and hoping, and the “hit and move” approach of firing a letter off at the enemy which they will not like, and then waiting for them to respond to it.

Even the most aggressive tennis player on the planet will only attack the ball when it is in his court. Once it has been despatched to the other side of the net, there is nothing to do but position yourself properly, be ready, and wait.

Patience is a great virtue in dealing with any alleged debt situation. It is very rare to solve these problems quickly.

You say you have sent a templated letter to Ruthless. Which one was it, exactly? If the letters you have been receiving have an account number and name of original creditor on them which you recognize as being yours, then I would suggest sending the statute barred letter. It is pointless them claiming that the alleged debt is not statute barred, they have to PROVE it.

Only if they manage to do that would I start worrying about challenging them for agreements.

Ruthless are nasty, hence the name, but they are not impossible to see off by any means. You have come to the right place for help.

SH

thanks scab hunter

It certainly seems that a lot of people have similar things to say about this unsavoury bunch at Ruthless, And it does give me hope that i will be able to ride this out, thankyou for your advice i really do appreciate it.;)one more thing could i ask if ruthless have any association with Mckenzie Hall in Edingburgh, I have had a few letters off them too, not recently though,

the letters were not threatening but did have the same monetry figure of the debt but no details of who the money was owed to, and when the agent called me and asked to confirm a few security details i refused, saying i didnt know who they were and if they couldnt tell me the details then i certainly wasnt telling them, they were relatively easy to get rid of but i just wondered if they were linked in any way?

Edited by joeve

thanks scab hunter

It certainly seems that a lot of people have similar things to say about this unsavoury bunch at Ruthless, And it does give me hope that i will be able to ride this out, thankyou for your advice i really do appreciate it.;)one more thing could i ask if ruthless have any association with Mckenzie Hall in Edingburgh, I have had a few letters off them too, not recently though,

the letters were not threatening but did have the same monetry figure of the debt but no details of who the money was owed to, and when the agent called me and asked to confirm a few security details i refused, saying i didnt know who they were and if they couldnt tell me the details then i certainly wasnt telling them, they were relatively easy to get rid of but i just wondered if they were linked in any way?

UPDATE!!!

just to update a company called Scotcall have jumped on the band wagon with this debt, and they rung my phone using the phone number 08000920081, and the guy who spoke to me was quite rude, demanding i answer there security questions, which i refused, to which they said they were sending someone around to my house tomorrow to personally collect the debt, i replied with the attitude no court bailiff in the land will try and enforce and unenforceable, unprovable debt........that is assuming you are using a court bailiff, and not some bog standard heavies, and guess what???? the rude guy hung up on me!!!!! am i worried?.....not in the slightest, they wont even come!

Well done! It sounds like you handled that one really well.

Snotcall are one of the rabble who do sometimes pollute doorsteps, so just make sure you are prepared in case it happens.

I'm sure you will have a nice way of explaining to them that they must leave your property immediately, if you bother to engage them at all.

They would be silly to waste their money following that telephone conversation, as it must be obvious that they will get no return on it, but then being sensible was never part of their modus operandi anyway.

SH

Good Skills Joeve

Advice for phone calls. If you receive any more calls, refuse to be taken through their security process, and politely ask if you can take them through yours. This includes asking them for their date of birth, mothers maiden name (although they would prob find this difficult to answer honestly, as they generally extend from satans spawn). If they refuse to cooperate on those two request, ask if they would fax a copy of the paper version of their driving license or passport to your fax machine. PLUS Trying to speak with the radio on full blast in the background is quite rude and completely advisable.

Advice for door step visit. Ok before the silly stuff. These visits are illegit, UNLESS you have been extremely delinquent and let them get round you by way of judgement and order fo court. If caller has anything official looking, lock yourself in, and do not entertain them at all.

If door visit commences without official court documents, then ask them through the smallest gap in the door to:

1/ be patient (whilst you run off into house and call the rossers).

2/ speak to eedjut in pidgen english, and ensure that spittle from your foaming mouth makes it through the gap

3/ Bark at them like a dog. Key to the success of this trick is to let them see your jaw move whilst you bark, with your head jolting backwards quite violently as you continue to bark.

Gap in door stays very small. Right foot blocking door. Take no prisoners.

Edited by vexlitigant

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

UPDATE!!!

just to update a company called Scotcall have jumped on the band wagon with this debt, and they rung my phone using the phone number 08000920081, and the guy who spoke to me was quite rude, demanding i answer there security questions, which i refused, to which they said they were sending someone around to my house tomorrow to personally collect the debt, i replied with the attitude no court bailiff in the land will try and enforce and unenforceable, unprovable debt........that is assuming you are using a court bailiff, and not some bog standard heavies, and guess what???? the rude guy hung up on me!!!!! am i worried?.....not in the slightest, they wont even come!

Thaks for your reply Scabhunter, im glad my response met with approval, im quite looking forward to tomorrow now incase scotcall send anyone around, (i doubt they will) you have given me pleanty of facts to throw at them, im sure they will be desperate to walk away!!!! my friend has also lent me a cctv camera which will be recording all day in anticipation of a caller, and i do hope they show themselves up, i will warn them in advance that the information will be forwarded to the police!!!

Good Skills Joeve

Advice for phone calls. If you receive any more calls, refuse to be taken through their security process, and politely ask if you can take them through yours. This includes asking them for their date of birth, mothers maiden name (although they would prob find this difficult to answer honestly, as they generally extend from satans spawn). If they refuse to cooperate on those two request, ask if they would fax a copy of the paper version of their driving license or passport to your fax machine. PLUS Trying to speak with the radio on full blast in the background is quite rude and completely advisable.

Advice for door step visit. Ok before the silly stuff. These visits are illegit, UNLESS you have been extremely delinquent and let them get round you by way of judgement and order fo court. If caller has anything official looking, lock yourself in, and do not entertain them at all.

If door visit commences without official court documents, then ask them through the smallest gap in the door to:

1/ be patient (whilst you run off into house and call the rossers).

2/ speak to eedjut in pidgen english, and ensure that spittle from your foaming mouth makes it through the gap

3/ Bark at them like a dog. Key to the success of this trick is to let them see your jaw move whilst you bark, with your head jolting backwards quite violently as you continue to bark.

Gap in door stays very small. Right foot blocking door. Take no prisoners.

Wicked, thanks for a dose of your sense of humour!!!!, it all adds ups to the humiliation they will recieve if they turn up tomorrow!!! I cant wait, mind you, can you just imagine the boys in blue turning up to find me frothing at the chops and barking!!!! i could end up being sectioned!!!!

Wednesday comes and guess what????? surprise surprise no door step caller, im almost dissapointed

Edited by joeve

You are well in charge of this - worry no more. The Statute Barred period for loans secured on property is 12 years - not 6 - and you are well past it. DLC, part of Hillsden Securities, are a complete bunch of losers. They operate under the titles of DLC, Hillsden Securities and MDB, all run by one Tony Locke, who is a complete pillock. He sends MDB letters out under a false address and the OFT know about it now but he continues to do it. So, continue to deny all knowledge and tell them to sling their hook - the lot of them.

You are well in charge of this - worry no more. The Statute Barred period for loans secured on property is 12 years - not 6 - and you are well past it. DLC, part of Hillsden Securities, are a complete bunch of losers. They operate under the titles of DLC, Hillsden Securities and MDB, all run by one Tony Locke, who is a complete pillock. He sends MDB letters out under a false address and the OFT know about it now but he continues to do it. So, continue to deny all knowledge and tell them to sling their hook - the lot of them.

I have had dealings with Hillsden securities and MDB, Also Mckenzie Hall, they are some piece of work, they claim they are solicitors!!! my research tells me different, these companies claim they are acting under the authority of DLC my reply to them is to tell DLC to do there homework properly and get there facts right!!