Drink Driving Medical

liverpool-paul
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2744 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You been watching too much Shameless Paul.

I wasn't wot I would consider a heavy drinker just a binge drinker at most weekends. I had no idea it was that high no health complaints or anyfin.

I rang DVLA today they said my medical is back from my doc and is with their team at the moment but I should hear very soon as my application has been going through since Jan.

As I said my results are better than they were when they gave me back my license for a year so I should get it back even if for just a year but you never know with DVLA. God knows wot rules they could come up with now.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers liverpool-paul so what if you get a tug by the old bill do they send you a letter or something to cover you til its processed

i cannot remember if they send you out a letter or not m8 to be honest, with how long ago it was for me and all the rigmorale that i went through i cant honestly remember..but i got all my insuranse done and everything, until they told me that i had failed..dont worry about the old bill m8..if you get pulled then your license is going through the re-apply process..nothing to worry about, and you can 100% DRIVE WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR DECISION>>:)

i cannot remember if they send you out a letter or not m8 to be honest, with how long ago it was for me and all the rigmorale that i went through i cant honestly remember..but i got all my insuranse done and everything, until they told me that i had failed..dont worry about the old bill m8..if you get pulled then your license is going through the re-apply process..nothing to worry about, and you can 100% DRIVE WHILE WAITING FOR YOUR DECISION>>:)

cheers liverpool-paul.

Just rang them. details are on the screen but the medical board have not yet advised them of a decision. I am to ring back in 2 weeks if I have not heard anything.:confused:

It is difficult not to read between the lines and think there is a problem but I pressed the guy and he assured me that it didnt mean there was. just a backlog.

aaaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh.

anybody know what the timelines are for a failure or a successful result?:?:

It's about 3 weeks. That's what the doc told me at my medical and fortunately just over 3 weeks later my licence got sent through the post.

On a side note, do you get any results from the medical (pass or fail) or do they just send out your licence?

Just rang them. details are on the screen but the medical board have not yet advised them of a decision. I am to ring back in 2 weeks if I have not heard anything.:confused:

It is difficult not to read between the lines and think there is a problem but I pressed the guy and he assured me that it didnt mean there was. just a backlog.

aaaaaaaaarrrghhhhhh.

anybody know what the timelines are for a failure or a successful result?:?:

same brum no 1 i phoned yesterday i got exactly the same they told me they recieved the results 0n the 29th of may but wouldnt say anything else apart from when they have a look at them i will hear by post keep you in limbo or what 3 weeks now and nothing:confused:

It's about 3 weeks. That's what the doc told me at my medical and fortunately just over 3 weeks later my licence got sent through the post.

On a side note, do you get any results from the medical (pass or fail) or do they just send out your licence?

Hi over rover m8..they just send your license through the post mate..I had mine back after only ten days of my medical:)

same brum no 1 i phoned yesterday i got exactly the same they told me they recieved the results 0n the 29th of may but wouldnt say anything else apart from when they have a look at them i will hear by post keep you in limbo or what 3 weeks now and nothing:confused:

Wait about ten to fifteen working days m8..try not to worry:)

Wait about ten to fifteen working days m8..try not to worry:)

hello liverpool-paul you were spot on mate recieved my driving licence threw the post this morning,cant drive til the 19th july but what the hell i got it back just liked to say thanks for all your advice cheers mate.

I had my medical wednesday, no hearing or reflex tests but i'm not reading anything into that. doctor was a miserable bugger but efficient. Tells me i'm in the system and will hear in three weeks time. Good luck, let me know how youget on. If I hear anything I'll let you know.
hello brum no1 i recieved my licence threw the post this morning so you should recieve yours tomorrow mate let me know

Rang them after reading your email and mine is in the post.:D

Last time I was this relieved was when Ashley Young got the winner for the Villa at Goodison last year.

Must say have found this thread THE most useful source of information. Took some finding but bloody glad there was somewhere you could get useful info because the dvla are like the secret police.

Congrats mate. Drive carefully!

Last time I was this relieved was when Ashley Young got the winner for the Villa at Goodison last year.

Must say have found this thread THE most useful source of information. Took some finding but bloody glad there was somewhere you could get useful info because the dvla are like the secret police.

i dont think we will put ourselfs threw this again talk about learning the hard way,yes this is a great website atleast now we can give the advice and help others happy driving:D

Jay and Brum do you know what your results were that you passed on?
i think the way they work it is if you pass you will recieve your licence threw the post and i suppose if you fail they will let you know

I got my blood done by my own doc just before I went to the dvla doc and my gamma was 93 and my alt 25. Gamma a bit high but alt ok. Hopefully I will be as lucky as you lot.
you will be okay as long as you have obstained of alcohol for long enough you should have no worrys,i stayed of the booze for 4 months and i think brum was 5 months.

My last binge was before easter which was quite a heavy weekend but before that was xmas. So I was off the booze for nearly 2 months before my medical. Finger crossed then. I hope they don't renew it just for another year. No one I spoke to has even heard of that ruling. Fingers crossed.

hello liverpool-paul you were spot on mate recieved my driving licence threw the post this morning,cant drive til the 19th july but what the hell i got it back just liked to say thanks for all your advice cheers mate.

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!Really pleased for you m8.You obviously done everything right leading up to your medical, like obstaining from drinking for a good few months the same as what i did..Some people still cant get their head around that if you use to drink quite a lot then you have to obstain from it for a good few months before your medical( i did 5 months)..We it seems are the brighter ones..

Happy driving in july m8..Drive safe and enjoy, it will be like passing your driving test all over again!!:D:D:D

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well done!!!!!!!!!!!!Really pleased for you m8.You obviously done everything right leading up to your medical, like obstaining from drinking for a good few months the same as what i did..Some people still cant get their head around that if you use to drink quite a lot then you have to obstain from it for a good few months before your medical( i did 5 months)..We it seems are the brighter ones..

Happy driving in july m8..Drive safe and enjoy, it will be like passing your driving test all over again!!:D:D:D

now the fun begins car insurance,but i have 5 weeks to save some pennys lol