• Tweets

• good idea take some pix and put them in a PDF read UPLOAD dx
    • thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
        • Thanks
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Eversheds/Link financial limited.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5584 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello it,s me again!

This is a difficult one but I do not intend to take any action until I have a cross section of advice.By the way I am Bernard,bownesslass,s husband and I have her full permission and confidence to post on her behalf.

A good number of years ago she took out a store card card to finance birthdays and Christmas presents,etc etc. Circumstances changed and she found herself struggling to cope.

The upshot of which was a confrontatioal series of letters and threats of court action by the creditor.Had she been my wife at the time it may not have been so bad. The CAB was involved and resulted in an aggreement being reached whereby an aggreed sum would be paid each month ,which shw has stuck to till the present day.

When she took out the store card she also took out payment protection(£5 per month) that she duely paid for approx 15 years.The moment she lost her job they said it did not cover (as ever) her for unemployment.

The aggreement reached was handled by a firm of solicitors Eversheds of Merrion St,Leeds, who have on the 5/1/09 (Monday) just informed her that they are no longer going to administer the account,and informed her (by phone) that she should contact their client,(Link Financial services Ltd) to discuss the account.

Here is the question!! Is it safe to do that ? or should she let the Link people contact her? will she be open to pressure to increase the aggreed amount?.will they try to annul the aggrement. As we are both pensioners,this is quite stressfull,so any of you wise and helpfull folks out there who can advise us would be greatly appreciated.

Sorry to be so long winded,Kind regards.

First of all do not phone them. They will just try to up your wife's payments. All communication must be in writing only from now on.

There are two issues here as I see it. The first is is the account legally enforceable against your wife. This is highly unlikely as it is a store card (usually these credit agreements are unenforceable as they do not contain the prescribed terms required by statute) and due to the age of the card it is highly unlikely that any credit agreement still exists.

The second issue is the PPI as this did not cover her, so would appear at first glance to be missold. The PPI may be slightly difficult to claim back though due to the age of the account. As a matter of interest what is the balance (roughly) of the account?

I think your first step is to send a CCA request to Link - template N here. Send it via recorded delivery and include a one pound postal order. Do not sign the letter. I would also put at the bottom of the letter that all communication must now be conducted in writing only and telephone calls will be treated as harassment and reported to the appropriate authorities.

Their reaction will probably be to put the account on hold initially for 28 days while they attempt to retrieve the document. It's extremely unlikely that they will be able to retrieve the copy of the agreement which means after 12 working days from receipt of your request they can not enforce the account at all.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

By the way!! the debt in question was for a few hundred pounds,but each time she recieved a letter the amount escalated to £788 (present).

Okay. It looks like they are adding collection charges - which they are not allowed to do. The charges are unlawful and they can be claimed back if need be.

How long has she been paying off this few hundred pounds and did the original creditor add charges for her missing payments, etc?

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Rory 32,Fine Scottish name indeed Sir.

Ok ,this is excellent advice, the original sum was a paltry few hundred pounds but astonishingly it just seemed to balloon to the level,and yes the original creditor did add charges.

After paying more than the "debt" was worth in PPI wife dug her heels in and on the advice of the CAB offered a small monthly sum which was aggreed to.

The amount went from £400 to £1060 with charges,at present day it stands at £770.47. We have lots of food for thought now though. Many,Many thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello wise people.

I am Bernard,the husband of bownesslass. As usual I have her full permission to post on her behalf.

These encumbants at Link financial are really getting on our wick.

I have on two occasions,written to this outfit concerning the continuation of the agreed monthly payments of her account. Having stated that we would only deal with this matter in writing,youv,e guessed it she is being hounded by telephone. As you may be aware this subject has been posted in other places.

We have no desire to be confrontational but it seems that Link don,t understand plain English,and are trying to provoke a response from her (ie upping payments)not a chance I might add. This kind of behaviour is not going to continue,and the stress of the harassment and bullying,is unacceptable.

Ok good people, I,m sure there is any number of letters out there that I can mail to these dim wits,so any template letters plaese point me to where they are.

When I have dealt with any responses and advice from you good folk,I fully intend to take issue with them as to the validity of this debt and their ability to enforce it further after such a long time.

As I have mentioned in other posts,this debt reached such proportions through charges for this that and the other. The original amount was less than £400,but now stands at £780.

My missus was quite willing to continue with her side of the agreement,but the same can,t be said of Link Financial.

If anyone out there knows the address of the London head office of The Arcadia Group,to which D,Perkins belongs I will seriously bend the ear of the Chief Executive Officer, Sir Philip Green,and see how he likes it.

..............Advice on how to proceed please,Bernard on behalf of Bownesslass many many thanks:mad:

Hi Bernard, try the following amend with your details ,DO NOT SIGN, DO RECORD DELIVER

Your street

District

County

Postcode

DATE

The Bank

Street

District

County

Postcode

I ACKNOWLEDGE NO DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY NOR ANY COMPANY YOU PURPORT TO REPRESENT

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account/Reference Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

With reference to the above agreement, I require that you provide me a true copy of the credit agreement

I am aware that section 78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 sets out clearly what is required to comply with my request and quote “shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it” For clarification I require a copy of the agreement, any terms and conditions from the time when the agreement was executed together with a copy of current terms and conditions and a copy of the cancellation notice if the agreement refers to “Your Right to Cancel” within it. I also require a statement of account as laid out also within Section 78(1).if there weren’t any terms and conditions then please confirm this in your response

I am entitled to receive the information on request. I enclose a payment of £1.00, which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. Please note that these funds are not to be used for any other purpose.

I note that section 172 outlines that statements by creditors are binding where made under inter alia section 78(1) and I take this to be that any reply made in response to this request is binding upon you. Therefore you should ensure that all documents request are supplied. Any missing documents will be considered not part of the agreement and could therefore affect the enforceability of anything you send.

I understand that Consumer Credit (Prescribed Periods for Giving Information) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1569) at regulation 2 sets out the required time frame for compliance with this request as being 12 working days from receipt

Should you fail to comply with my request as outlined above, I shall consider the account in dispute. I am aware that where a creditor fails to supply the requested information the creditors rights to enforcement are restricted until such time as they comply. I am also aware that there are certain terms that are required to be within the “Agreement” and should these terms be mis-stated or not present the agreement can be rendered unenforceable in law.

Notwithstanding the above, I note that the Consumer Credit (Cancellation Notices and Copies of Documents) Regulations 1983 (SI 1983/1557) at Regulation 3 allows the Signature box and signature to be omitted in a copy document but the copy document must contain all the terms off the agreement contained within the signed executed original document

I respectfully request that you provide a copy of the original agreement signed by myself that you hold on file and while I accept that you can omit the signature box for the purposes of compliance with my request, you will be aware that any challenge to the agreement in court would require the signed copy of the original agreement. If you still reject this, please provide clarification on the status of the Original Credit Agreement and confirm either that you hold the original signed agreement on file or a copy of it on microfliche or that you no longer hold the file

Also please provide details of who I may address a subject access request to under the Data Protection Act 1998 section 7 so that I may obtain a copy of the original agreement should you fail to forward a copy in respect of this request

Therefore I look forward to receiving this information within the time frames as indicated above

Yours faithfully

Hpoe it helps

Manc1

MANC 1

Registration Number: Z5673588

Date Registered: 17 September 2001 Registration Expires: 16 September 2009

Data Controller: ARCADIA GROUP BRANDS LTD

Address:

COLEGRAVE HOUSE

70 BERNERS STREET

LONDON

W1T 3NL

Other Names:

BURTON

BURTON MENSWEAR

DOROTHY PERKINS

EVANS

TOP SHOP

TOP MAN

PRINCIPLES

HAWKSHEAD

RACING GREEN

will that ad reach Sir Philip Green the CEO of Arcadia?
It should as it's their head office address.

Hello

I have a CCJ re a Dorothy Perkins card debt. I was paying Eversheds £5 per month even though the CCJ was for £1.77. (My bank could not make a standing order for less than £5.00)

I have received a letter from Eversheds stating that they will no longer take payments from me and requested that I cancel my standing order made out to them - which I have done.

Eversheds state that Link Financial Ltd now have the debt.

I have heard nothing from Link - what do I do now?

Any help appreciated...

Hello Mintcake!! I,m Bernard,husband of bownwsslass and I have her permission to post on her behalf.

The same same thing has happened to us,we were just left high and dry by Eversheds, although our case isn,t quite the same as yours. First thing is !! don,t take any nonsense from Link over the phone,as we were harassed up until last week.Make them put it in writing,and any thing you send to them do it recorded delivery so that you have proof of posting. If it is of any help this is what I did. When we were ditched by E/sheds I wrote to Link Financial to ask how they wished to be paid and asked for paying in slips so that I could continue with my side of the agreement.That was a month ago and I still haven,t got that information,so don,t hold your breath.I still sent the payment due on the date but I sent a cheque from my husbands bank account.

Anyway!! just hang fire on here and in no time at all there will be tons of people on these forums who will give you some cracking advice.

Hi mintcake and welcome to CAG.

You really need to start your own thread regarding this matter to receive the appropriate help and advice.

If Eversheds have now sold your account to Link, as it is subject to a CCJ, they may have acted unlawfully as I'm quite sure they will not have asked the permission of the court to do this.

Have a read here on how to start a new thread and various other things http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/welcome-consumer-forums/107001-how-do-i-dummies.html

should I copy and paste my original question into it?
Yes.