Anyone know any legal forums?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does anyone know of any legal forums were i might find some advice and guidance about a recall notice to prison. My friend is getting a recall notice to prison, unfairly. He was attacked in by 3 people in front of his pregnant girlfriend. His girlfriend rang the police as he was getting seriously hurt by these 3 men and a metal bar. My friend managed to escape but they ran after him. They threw the metal bar at him, which he picked up. At this point the police arrived and arrested my friend for having an offensive weapon. He was arrested and told he will be recalled to prison.

So what i'm basically after is somewhere we can go for advice about this recall notice. My friends solicitor states basically tough there is nothing we can do.

Any links or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Ok I am presuming that your friend is out on license.

If the police charge him he is liable for recall to prison

All decisions to recall people from licence or parole are taken by the Public Protection Casework Section (PPCS) of the National Offender Management Service on behalf of the Justice Secretary.

Following the Criminal JUstice and Immigration Act 2008, offenders assessed as not presenting a high risk of serious harm will be subject to a fixed term recall period of 28 days, after which time they will be automatically released

When did this all happen and has he actually been recalled?

Has he actually been charged with an offence.

Did he receive any hospital treatment for his injuries

were there any witnesses other than his gf who would be prepared to make a statement? (independant witnesses would be better)

If you wish to argue against the recall (make representations) you or your solicitor should contact the appropriate Recall Team of the Public Protection Casework Section.

The case will then go before the Parole Board, which will see all the papers in the recall pack, together with any representations you or your legal representative may have made.

I would as a matter of urgency contact his parole officer and explain the situation and see if he can assist in any way,