• Tweets

• again a quick google search states   Appeal a DVLA fine - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK How to appeal a fine you've had from DVLA because your vehicle was not taxed, insured, or you did not tell DVLA you no longer have the vehicle i would not be appealing. they have 6mts. see where they go. dx  
    • There are a number of reasons why you may not have been issued a notice in the post within 14 days. If you were stopped by the police it may have been given verbally. In the case of speeding offences, the police may issue you with a conditional offer of a fixed penalty of 3 points and £100.00 fine by post or an offer of a speed awareness course. If the offence is considered too serious for a speed awareness course or fixed penalty you may be charged with an offence which normally occurs by way of the issue of a Single Justice Procedure Notice. If the vehicle within which the alleged offence took place was registered to another person or company there is technically no need for a notice to be issued to the driver. After the police have obtained details of the nominated the driver, they will normally send the notice to them, although there are no time limits within which they must do so (provided that the notice was received within 14 days by the registered keeper of the vehicle). In such circumstances, a person may receive a notice several months after the alleged offence too place but still be prosecuted. A Guide to a Notice of Intended Prosecution | Motoring Offence Lawyers the above copy n paste link has purely been copy n pasted here to inform you of the regs, which you could have done yourself by, as this is, a google search......... we do not ever recommend using such offered webservices! dont dx    
    • all DYL's are subject to a TRO. looking at this newish, ever increasing as old ind units have gotten removed, estate, there are only lines on one side, on the other there is a parking lane with traffic calming through which you mention. i seriously doubt your mate has any clue what he is talking about.!! its not a private housing assoc estate. so its a public council owned road. no construction co can just decide to draw their graffiti on a road. the DYLs are certainly there pre 2016 even before his home was built. now ive had a quick look to see if the main access to royal park road has signs. there is no royle park road even on your map but there is a royal barn road which leads to where you are parked royal road has a restriction sign on the pole by the fence of the electric substation jnc with gipsy lane there does not appear to be one leading in from the other end - tesco petrol station
    • Hi All. I was driving in Stevenage down a 40 road after coming off the motor way, i noticed my car felt a little "weird" i accelerated, then slowed the car down.  Shortly after i got stopped by a manned police car with a laser. During the stop the officer stated i was doing 54 in a 40, the conversation was short, but he said i would unlikely get a awareness course and it was most likely 3 points and a fine.  Mrs thought it was a good idea to have dairy when she is lactose intolerant on date night, we just got on our way.  At the time, i didnt admit to the offence, but did say i didnt realise and had slowed down in any case. The officers chest camera was recording and on. At the stop, he asked where to send the fine to, as i knew i would be travelling to visit family up north, i provided my temporary details at that location in Yorkshire. It is now 05/05 and i haven't received anything at either my home address in Stevenage or the temporary address. 1. Is there a time limit in which paperwork needs to be sent to me. 2. Should i query the ticket as i don't want to miss any deadlines (if so who do i check with?) OR should i keep quiet. 3. Given nothing has arrived in 20 days, is there a chance of appeal if and when it comes through? Many thanks CrazeUK
    • Hi All. A family friends car was having issues when she was on a trip visiting family up north at the beginning of January.  She ended up leaving it at my friends garage in the same location, who parked it on his forecourt to investigate the issue, however he said most likely it is beyond economical repair as its a serious gearbox fault. In the meantime i replaced her car with one of my spare cars. The insurance on the car then expired in at the end of January.  When the insurance expired, I sent a paper V890 paper as i didnt have her V5 Reference number in hand to do it online (i have a copy of this).  She didnt mention she hadnt received any confirmation as she didnt know if she would get one.  She then cancelled her road tax at the end of March (i think) as she was paying by DD. She then was travelling up north so didnt get her mail until last week. She received a letter dated 09/04/2024 stating she had failed to insure the vehicle and there was a £100 fine which could be reduced to £50 if she responds by 11/05/2024.  As soon as we noticed, i got her to dig  out the V5 and SORN'd the vehicle.   My friend has been a bit slow in checking the fault, however i suspect it will still be scrapped and is still on his forecourt. Is this possible to appeal?
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Natwest. £94 charges for £3 overdrawn !!

oldmodcon
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5599 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My natwest current account is in good standing - 2 weeks ago I paid sach into the account to cover some direct debits.

Unfortunately I miscalculated and paid in £3 short. Lo and behold Natwest refused one of the DDs and charged £38

Yesterday they added a further charge of £28 but I only had £20 in the account which has put it over by £8

Having just spoken to them I was told the £38 was for bouncing the DD, the £28 was for going overdrawn. In addition I will be charged a further £28 at the end of jan for going overdrawn today BECAUSE OF THEIR CHARGES !!

So that means I've been charged £94 all because I was £3 short in the account. Is it worth going into the branch tomorrow and speaking to someone face to face ?

Hi, oldmodcon.

If this is the first charges they've applied to your account, it's always worth going in and asking them to refund them. If they don't, you'll have to re-claim them.

Here's the step-by-step..........

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

failing that i'll start the ball rolling to claim it back - £94 is a lot of money at the moment and this is extortionate

I know what you mean, HBOS screwed about £7,000 from me in 6 years, it took a bit of time but I got the lot back, including interest ;)

Good luck with that.

Regards.

Scott.

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

Natwest are becoming increasingly unscroupulous and I wonder if it is because they are struggling themselves. Good luck to you in your quest, I am also attempting to get charges back from Natwest (about 6k)

NatWest are becoming increasingly unscroupulous and I wonder if it is because they are struggling themselves. Good luck to you in your quest, I am also attempting to get charges back from Natwest (about 6k)

What utter rubbish. The charges have worked the same for the years with NatWest(even when they weren't struggling). Even if the wording of the terms and conditions of the charges have changed the basics haven't. If you read the charges guide I posted in 2006(as Nattie) you will see the basics haven't changed. The OP will need to start the process of reclaiming as I suspect that they will either (a) decline him or (b) offer one charge back. This element of the process has changed, with the branch having sanctioning for £0 in refunds. All refunds have to be sanctioned at regional level.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

fair comment and on reflection what i said isn't correct so i will retract that. I suppose what i mean is that they are dealling with the whole 'hardship' issue in a less fair way than the other big banks appear to be, I have personal experience of this and also researched it. I will, however, stop putting remarks on threads without the justification to back them up so please accept my apologies,

Woodwa5;)

The basics of hardship with NW are this:

Letter sent to bank re bank charges

Letter sent out with Income and Expenditure

Either phone call to clarify I&E or decision made.

That decision falls into 3 categories

1) Declined(you can appeal but unless there is further evidence than unlikely to proceed so FOS if you are unhappy). I would suggest appealing on the basis of the FSA Waiver PAGE 11. recently had a success on MSE on that basis. Make the letter personal to you and not simply generic.

2) Offer of refund(not all of them necessarily but an offer none the less. It cannot be Full and final settlement cos that is against the FSA Waiver--I have read it all). It will not effect your ability to claim all of the amounts if the OFT test case final decision goes against the banks.

3) Suspension of charges but no refund. That means that you will not get charged but it means you do not get refunded. The suspension maybe until the conclusion of the OFT test case or a shorter period--I have seen posters on another forum get this deal. Both still do not stop you from claiming all charges and is not statute barring as it is also contained within the FSA waiver.

Hope that makes sense. I have been looking at hardship for the last 6 months on the forums. Other banks seem to have similar processes in place albeit their definition is perhaps slightly different.

I think that Extreme hardship--where repossession is very imminent or rent arrears etc, etc, does lead to a payout. Largest payout I have seen is c.£10,000 on MSE.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

Hmmm....I think the issue hear is that Nat West's definition of hardship is not the same as the FSA version. I along with many others on this site have applied using the exact terms laid down by the FSA and they have still decided it is not hardship. FYI I then went to the Abbey with exactly the same info and got 2k back. Now i'm not saying that Nat West should pay anybody back anything at all, I just don't think it is right that they are saying people are not experiencing hardship when they most definately are

Hmmm....I think the issue hear is that Nat West's definition of hardship is not the same as the FSA version. I along with many others on this site have applied using the exact terms laid down by the FSA and they have still decided it is not hardship. FYI I then went to the Abbey with exactly the same info and got 2k back. Now i'm not saying that Nat West should pay anybody back anything at all, I just don't think it is right that they are saying people are not experiencing hardship when they most definately are

I haven't made comment of their definition of hardship because I would agree with you to a degree. All banks seem to have separate definitions of hardship and how they deal with hardship claims. For example, one bank will only pay up to 1 year's worth of bank charges while another one will suspend charges. There is no uniform measure on hardship. I hope that the new Waiver due in at the end of the month will have a uniform definition and a uniform method of what is paid out ie x amount of charges or % of charges based on various measures.

With regards to your case if one bank says YES and another says no then you have the right to go to the FOS for them to adjudicate. That is the option you have based on the specifics of the FSA Waiver on hardship.