is this GE "s idea of a default notice?surely even they arent that stupid

mak71
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5625 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

In todays post i have received the letter posted below from ge re an asda credit card

It doesnt state anything about being a default notice although the wording about what will/can happen is similar

letter dated 22nd dec, and apparently i have 7 days :lol:from that date to pay up or else they will take futher action to recover the FULL amount owing:D

Technically this isnt a default notice is it,its more a threatogramm but seeing as they are stating if i dont pay within 7 days (expires today even though i only received letter today):shock: they will take action to recover the full amount:lol:

could this be classed as them terminating my agreement or even a very poor invalid default notice as they are no longer giving me the opportunity to pay in monthly installments?

the account doesnt have a compliant cca anyway, so they are knackered anyway,but does it give me even more ammunition to annoy the dca who ends up buying the account.

If it was a DN, it would be invalid anyway due to the lack of 14 days to rectify,

but is this really GE"s attempt to terminate my account, surely they arent really that incompetent are they,?

scan0025.jpg?t=1230570295

Mak

It's Not a DN, it's warning what MAY happen if payment is not received.

yes i agree its not an official DN notice.but it doesnt say anything about what they may do, their wording is quiet specific in what they say they will do if i havnt paid within 7 days,ie they will take futher action to recover the FULL amount owing.

in which case i know they would first have to send me a default notice and give me 14 days to remedy the breach, but technically they have already said i have to pay by today to avoid futher action to recover the full amount,?

Im just wondering what sort of legal comeback if any that has on GE,or is it just a badly worded letter on their behalf with no legal implications

Its not an account i have any concerns over anyway as they have already admitted to me they dont have the original cca,

I have had 2 default notices so far from other companies re other accounts and both are invalid so was just wondering if GE were as careless in their documentation too:D

will be interesting to see what their official DN notice does say;-)

Edited by mak71