NatWest - No Credit Agreement, so Natwests takes my Money from my current account without my consent!!!

tem19
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5573 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes Sosumi it's with a totally different bank. I transferred all of my money into the new bank account from the accounts I had with NatWest and asked NatWest to cancel my overdraft on 23rd December, which they confirmed they would do. Instead of doing that, they took £1100 out of my £1500 overdraft that they were supposed to have cancelled. They can only get at the overdraft money. All other monies they cannot get at and all payments/direct debits into or from the natwest account have been cancelled. I closed my savings accounts, which had nothing in them. They keep on setting up standing orders without my consent to take monies from the current account and they will keep on doing so until the overdraft is spent. From my experian report what they have done is only entered my current account on there so I reckon that once they have exhausted the possibilities of taking from my overdraft they will simply put a default on my credit file, which is what I want to avoid.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That's a relief! :)

Wish I could help you more, but we're struggling to pay off our current account overdraft with them and it's been hard slog all the way. We both have defaults on our credit files that were put there as a result of a complaint - the complaint being that though we were making monthly payments, they had closed the account and were very quietly adding interest to it.

I can only echo what 2grumpy's said.

We will not be intimidated.

'The pen is mightier than the sword'.

Petition to Outlaw Debt Sale and Purchase

- can't read/post much as eye strain's v.bad.

VIVA CAG!!! :)

Some latest news! NatWest have now found a copy of my CCA agreement from 2002 and have posted it to me (and of course are demanding payment). It has my signature on it and a signature on behalf of the bank. It looks like a genuine enough copy, the only concern I have is that it doesn't seem to have the number of monthly repayments on it, just the total amount i am to pay. Another thing is that it seems that the bank did not comply with its own terms, the terms gave me a years payment holiday but the bank representatives actually gave me three years holiday, there are some other things on the terms that I'm really not sure about or were not complied with but I do think that it's a true copy. So i guess that leaves them free to do whatever they want!

Hi Tem,

Can you post the doc't here so it can be checked over.

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Another thing Slick, I don't know whether you or any legal heads around the forums know the answer to this but even if this agreement is indeed properly executed, Natwest modified the terms (e.g. the payment holiday became 3 yrs instead of the 1 yr on the agreement, I have always paid on 24th of each month rather than 16th as stated on the agreement, I have only ever paid £271.53 per month rather than the £297 from 2003 to 2006 as stated on the agreement) so therefore should there not have been an executed modified agreement in accordance with the 1983 Regs? If that is the case does that again make the agreement unenforceable? I wondered why they complied so suddenly with my CCA request after 5 months of waiting but they have still defaulted on my SAR. Could this be the reason?

Hi Tem,

The priority should be to post the Agree't doc't so it can be checked.

I'm out of my depth here but I think if the Agree't is enforceable that'll be an end to it, regardless of the payment holiday or the date of pay't each month.

If a judge was to consider the issue of enforceability I don't these details would come into the equation.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

I've flagged this up to be checked over for you.

:)

Yeah, I hope so. The one thing I could spot is that it doesn't set out the number of repayments in accordance with the 1983 regs but then maybe it doesn't have to, may be an either/or type of provision, so maybe the legal eagles could clarify on that. Thanks for your help Cerberusalert.

Yeah, I hope so. The one thing I could spot is that it doesn't set out the number of repayments in accordance with the 1983 regs but then maybe it doesn't have to, may be an either/or type of provision, so maybe the legal eagles could clarify on that. Thanks for your help Cerberusalert.

THe agreement is a bit odd in that it doesn't give the number of repayments. However, this situation is allowed under paragraph 9 of schedule 1 of the Consumer Credit (Agreements) Regulations 1983.

That being the case, schedule 6 then says that the interest rate becomes a prescribed term (which it isn't normally for a fixed sum loan). The agreement will therefore be enforceable if they have got the interest rate right (ie within the tolerance allowed in schedule 7)

Very interesting, thanks for your thoughts Steven4064. Another question which I ran past Slick, is are NatWest allowed to modify the agreement under the 1983 regulations. NatWest modified the terms (e.g. the payment holiday became 3 yrs instead of the 1 yr on the agreement, I have always paid on 24th of each month rather than 16th as stated on the agreement, I have only ever paid £271.53 per month rather than the £297 from 2003 to 2006 as stated on the agreement). Looking at their conditions I think they may have covered themselves anyway, but I just wondered whether the Regs allowed them to do that.

It's just that, given that they haven't mentioned the number of repayments, and the 3 yr holiday they gave increases the total amount due, does that modify the agreement and if so does the regs allow them to do so without producing a separate/additional doc?

From 2003-2006 it was £297 per quarter not per month.

THis is what I think happened:

16/08/02 to 15/07/03 - no payments but interest accrued

16/08/03 to 15/07/06 - interest payments of £297/quarter (approx £99/.06/month)

16/08/06 to whenever - payments of £271.53 (estimate 73 payments)

Putting this in DualCalc I get TCC of £8388.21 (ie 30p out) and an APR of 7.5% (which corresponds to their rate of interest but not their APR although it is within tolerance on APR)

THe 73 payments would make your last payment in September 2012 - is that about right?

Ah Steven4064, the payments between 2003-2006 were supposed to be quarterly! I didn't even spot that! It all makes a lot more sense. 73 payments would be until Sept 2012, yes! Thanks so much for working that out, Steven4064 my maths is terrible! The only query is that around the time or very shortly after I'm supposed to have signed this agreement, they said they would give me a 3 yr payment holiday for some reason (I must admit I wasn't complaining at the time as I was still a student), so I never in fact paid anything at all in respect of this loan until December 2005, not even quarterly. My first payment was made then, so I guess it would vary the final payment date slightly. since then I paid £271.53 monthly right up to September 08, the date they told me they couldn't comply with my CCA request. Well I guess this may be the end of the line, but this forum has been an absolute Godsend, wow!:D:D