case closed

william123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Some months back i seen some information on how to write an intelligent letter on this board in regards to claming back all MY money the bank has stole from me. I would very mush appreciate if sombody can post a link. Thanks

Here's a link to the preliminary letter:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?t=671

But I would say you do really need to familiarise yourself with the FAQ section where you will find pretty much everything you may need...

Anyhow keep us posted of your progress :)

25/06/08 - NatWest - Prelim letter

09/03/06 - Halifax - Settled 27/4

22/03/06 - Capital One - Settled 24/6

17/04/06 - Nationwide - Settled 8/9

Hit the DONATE BUTTON and give 5% back to support this site!

Intelligent letter ??? (Intelligent as in brainy...or intelligent as in Intelligent Finance?)

If its the first then look here:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=33

but i would advise you to spend at least a week reading the various sections of this forum, so that you know what you are getting into, and are prepared for every eventuality

The FAQ is a good place to start:http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5

hope this helps......if you have any other queries post them here...and you will probably get someone's advice....please note.....it's only advice...in the end the decision is yours to take this matter further......but once you read up on it, you will realise that its the only option to take....I have been struggling for a few years now with month to month expenses....i dont spend a lot, i am on a not bad wage.....but i have still been lining the banks pockets with my hard earned cash.......i estimate (still awaiting statements) they have nearly £5000 of my money spread over 2 accounts and 2 credit cards

So read up...and good luck

IF YOU FEEL I HAVE HELPED YOU IN REPLYING TO YOUR POST, CAN YOU CLICK ON THE SCALES AND LET ME KNOW

Halifax - Total £2116 - Plus approx £300 in interest plus fees for 3 small claims...settled all within 3 weeks of claim.....Now for the mortgage.....

Clydesdale Bank - Credit Card - Sent Data Protection Act - Awaiting statements

Clydesdale Bank - Current Account - Awaiting statements

Just sent my first letter 1st class recorded to John cunnane at the customer relationd unit asking for them to refund my £536 they have stolen from my account over the last 2 years 4 months. I will keep everboby updated. Will

Just received a standard letter from Natwest. This is what it said.

The OFT has been in contact with us and with seven other mjor credit card companies to discuss the level of charges on credit cards. It is important that I emphasise these discussions were limited to charges on credit cards only. We will be considering the detailed statement made on the 5 April by the OFT on credit card administration charges and we have until 31 May to respond to the OTF.

Consequently, against that background, we must differ with your views expressed in you letter and will not be refunding any charges applied in your bank account.

I am disappinted to note that you are contemplating legal action against the bank. Whilst i hope you will feel able to reconsider, should you decide to go ahead. please ensure that any proceeding are served on our registered office address which appears on the foot of this letter.

Sould i send the second letter or wait untill the two weeks are over?

hello, just got same letter from customer relations, i am claiming over £1000 in unfair charges. Slightly better from branch who have offered £152! have declined and will now look for 2nd step.

I am reading this with interest as Natwest is the main company I will shortly be claiming from.

it is my belief that the OFT ruling has little to do with this - the main point is the legal issue raised elsewhere on this forum - the bank are only allowed to claim admin costs resulting from breach of contract (e.g. a direct debit failing on your account) and no matter what they say this does not cost anywhere near £20-30.

Check the completed litigations section - no-one has lost a case yet.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

Send my second letter of on friday the 21st threatening court action. Received what appears to be another bog standard letter saying basically the same in the first one they send me. I will be going down to the local county courthouse first thing in the morning to issue a summons agaist natwest.

I thought I would wait untill the deadline ended before I continue my claim. Its ends tomorrow. I feel intimidated at the prospect of going to court as i'v never been to court in my life and being truthful am quite nervous. I'm going to get myself a lawyer to act on my behalf. anyway will keep everybody updated.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Threads merged - please stick to one thread!

Employees of the bank are not liable for their company's debts. If you name the bank manager or any other employee as the person you want to sue your claim will be struck out.

Opinions given herein are made informally by myself as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 2019-03-08.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support there.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6501 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks