Jump to content

Eon passing dispute over to debt collector

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then


Please click the "Report " link


at the bottom of one of the posts.


If you want to post a new story then


Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 



Recommended Posts

I have been in dispute with eon since august when they sent us a bill for £2321.41 for closing our account. this is because of a faulty reading of our gas meter by 1 decimal point.

when this was pointed out to them they took soo long to check this out that only last week did I get them to adjust this.

However on sturday morning we got a letter form UDS stating they would take us to court if we did not pay this.

after many phone calls I find that that it is now at the correct amount.


so here is the rub the letter by UDS is dated 9th Dec 2008

and the letter with correct charges is dated 11th Dec 2008

meaning they sent a disbuted account to a debt agency. so surley this is criminal behavior , I have spoken to enegry watch and they only log the complaint .

Is their anyone on this site that know what I can do to punish Eon for this

I am not after any money from them just make them put in place a human to look at all this instead of letting a comuter churn out rubbish unchecked

Tesco Personal Finance Due to File in Court 03/04/07


Barclays 13/03/07 Paid in full £1998.78 :D


MBNA 10/10/06 Paid in full £1507.69 (inc 751.69 intrest):D

Link to post
Share on other sites

UDS is their internal debt department so it has not been sent to anyone outside of Eon. A Sorry excuse but the letters are automated, they are on a tracking system, but agree that if the account was in dispute then tracking should have been put on hold.


Just wondering also, if you had changed supplier or if you had moved address as the incorrect reading may not have been solely Eons fault. If there is a dispute with the final read, what is called an ARD, or an Agreed Read Dispute is raised and this has to be sent to the new supplier and can take up to 6 weeks to resolve as the information also has to bypass the meter readers.


I am also surprised you spoke to energywatch because as far as I was awarem they no longer exist.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Recently Browsing   0 Caggers

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Have we helped you ...?

  • Create New...