Natwest Response in terms of Bank Charges!

BuffNess
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5550 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hey Guys,

I used the letters off the website to claim for my bank charges with NatWest.

They wrote to me about a month back, saying that the OFT case is going on however, as a courtesy, they will look at whether the account is a hardship case because I stated in the letter that I need the charges back due to personal reasons.

They asked me to fill out an income and expenditure sheet which I did, and they have come back with the following letter, saying that the case has not yet finished between the OFT and the bank??

Any chance you can take a look at the letter and advise me on where to go next.

(There are blank spots in the letter where I have blocked out personal details)

Thanks!

001-1.jpg

002.jpg

Edited by BuffNess

What are the 'rules' for whether you are in financial hardship? It my help OP figure out if they are in hardship and I'm sure it would help a few others too, me included.

TheKat1979 - Taking Control!

Taking on -

Barclaycard via HFO - daft application form sent

Barclays Current Account - at AQ stage - fingers crossed asked for Hardship

Egg - various issues! Are about to default me on a disputed debt!

Bryan Carter CCJ set aside - looks to have been set aside without a trip to court! WOO!

Have you read the FSA Waiver on hardship PAGE 11

Its on my signature. The modus operandi of NatWest is that in cases of financial hardship they will waive charges and interest until the conclusion of the OFT test case and in circumstances of Extreme Hardship, they will make a payout. On MSE, a poster was paid out 3/4 of their claim recently on hardship.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

You can take natwest to court but the likelyhood is that the case would be stayed pending the OFT test case conclusion.

Or if you disagree with NatWest's decision you can ask the Financial Ombudsman Service to look at the case and you should quote annex 2 if you do and which clauses you fit in under.

FSA Waiver on Bank Charges:http://www.fsa.gov.uk/pages/Doing/Regulated/Notify/Waiver/pdf/dir_quart_0709.pdf

to buffness. we got the same letter as yourself today,this is the second identical letter. i got one last week also last week.to me it seems they are not looking at each case sepratley. but just send a standard letter to all

Linzih, just because you receive a templated letter(and send one yourself) does not mean that it is treated differently. Circumstances are important. Financial Hardship does not mean that NatWest will pay out 1p on any claim, but they may suspend charges and interest until the conclusion of the OFT test case. However, under extreme Financial Hardship, they certainly do take it forwards and do pay out on that basis, but not 100% of the claim which would be dealt with once a final decision is made on the OFT test case. I do understand why you say that but its not the reality on the ground.

• 1 month later...

hi buffness dont no if u still posting on here but was just wondering if u had geting any where with your claim yet? since i last posted i wrote back to nat west and gusse what got same letter back for 3rd time arhhhhh...any iam now going to the FOS

• 4 weeks later...
hi buffness dont no if u still posting on here but was just wondering if u had geting any where with your claim yet? since i last posted i wrote back to nat west and gusse what got same letter back for 3rd time arhhhhh...any iam now going to the FOS

Me too, why cant we claim,