My job at stake

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5615 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have no legal experience, but personally I would get in touch with the clamping company and make a complaint about the clampers. Complain about their abusive language and let the employers know that they have made malicious allegations to cover up their own abusive behaviour.

Just a quick update.

Had my hearing, the guys that sat in were actually a little bemused as to what I had done wrong.

The clampers complaint seems to centre around a funeral parlour whose back door is in the car park, they were saying I was blocking a hearse that came to take a coffin to a funeral.

After showing them the picture I had taken of the car park and where the funeral directors back doors were in relation to my truck, they couldn't understand the complaint.

In fact, the hearse was easily able to enter the car park, pick up the coffin and leave, all this while the clampers were dealing with me.

Now sat at home waiting to hear from my employer.

Indeed Tiggs,

Hope this goes well for you Steavyd.

Lex

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Ditto the above. I will keep my fingers crossed for you.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

Excellent result Steavyd.

Now is the time to ruin someone's Xmas at HFH with a letter of complaint :rolleyes:

Please help us to help you. Download the CAG tool bar for free

HERE and use the search option for all your searches. CAG earns a few pennies every time !!!

Please don't rush, take time to read these:-

&

This is always worth referring to

Advice & opinions given by me are personal, are not endorsed by the Consumer Action Group or the Bank Action Group. Should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I would write to the clamping company asking for the details of the crew that clamped you - tell them that you are consulting with your solicitor regarding a claim for defamation due to unsubstantiated allegations made by their crew which caused you to be suspended and in fear of losing your job.

whether you intend to go down this route or not (or even if you can, although I suspect as your losses were minimal you would get very little) it might make the people concerned sweat a little.

Fantastic news. Glad that your employer has dealt with the matter quickly.

Now have a good Christmas!

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!

hi steavyD

glad to hear that common sense prevailed in this matter.

now, i would seriously consider sending a letter of complaint to the clamping company in question, not only because of what has happenned, but because the guy that clamped you was threatening and abusive, and thus by doing that he is contravening the agreement he has that allows him to hold a valid SIA permit.

id send a letter like this... (i do so love writing complaint letters :D )

Dear sir or madam.

I am writing to you today to make an official complaint regarding an incident on (insert date here).

I am employed by (your employers name) as a delivery driver, and on the day in question, having completed a delivery to one of the local businesses, I decided to take my break.

Having parked my van in a valid parking space, I called at a local shop to get somthing to eat, however when I returned I found that employees of your company had clamped my van.

Your employees were extremly rude and agressive in their demeanour towards me, and, although the release fee was paid promptly by my employer, your employees continued to be aggressive, and after removing the clamp, one of your employees stated that, quote "this will cost you your job".

Subsequently, a complaint was made about me to my employer, citing that I had blocked an access route to a funeral directors, I in fact had not, and I have photographic evidence to prove this. Having consulted with my employer over this matter, the complaint was quite rightly disregarded, however during the course of the investigation I was suspended from work, and this caused me a lot of worry.

As i am sure you are aware, in order for someone to work for a clamping firm, they are required by law to hold a valid SIA liscence, and one of the conditions of this is that the holder should not be aggressive or intimidating towards members of the public, your employees seem to have disregarded this in their pursuit of this matter, therefore after taking advice, i am seriously considering mking a formal complaint to the SIA authority, however before doing this i would prefer to settle this in an amicable manner.

Although i have not been made out of pocket by the suspension from work, i would like an official and sincere apology from yourselves, along with the names and SIA registration numbers of the employees who were involved in this incident, so that should i wish to take this matter furthur with the relevant authority i can do so.

I look forward to your written reply.

yours sincerely

(your name)

you could also add a P.S and state that the employee kidnapped your first born son, set fire to your hous and sodomised your dog too ;)

lol, no problems matey.

I found this on the SIA website, its a brief description of the terms and conditions for being an SIA licence:- SIA conditions of licence, i cant find the exact bit on the SIA website where it describes the code of conduct, although i wouldnt be surprised if the company has some sort of customer care policy that states that employees must not be ar*eholes etc...