A Christmas Offer from Thames Credit

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, has anyone had one of these "Great offers"?

I'm not quite sure how to respond, so I thought I would ask for your suggestions...

I showed it to my son and he said "They are taking the ***S

This is re a Barclaycard debt £1000.. ( never thought they would give me a card as I told them I wasn't working!) been paying Thames since dec 2003! that's before I found you guys of course! I cant cca them can I?

I really dont want to pay that amount they say I owe now after getting this!

http://i731.photobucket.com/albums/ww313/fordgirl48/joke002.jpg

Of course you can CCA them.

Were there charges on the account before it was passed to Thames e.g. late payment charge, etc? I notice the balance of the account is quite low so any charges that have been added might outway the balance in which case it would be better to claim the charges back.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

Hi Rory,

The only paperwork I can find is a letter from Thames thanking me for setting up a DD and I wrote on it, £1220...I cant remember what happened before that sorry, but my limit on card was £1000.

Now that I'm older and wiser, I'm not happy paying the amount they say is due. I've struggled to pay this and other debts.

It might be worth sending a SAR to Barclaycard to see what charges are on the account. They might end up owing you some money.

HAVE YOU BEEN TREATED UNFAIRLY BY CREDITORS OR DCA's?

BEWARE OF CLAIMS MANAGEMENT COMPANIES OFFERING TO WRITE OFF YOUR DEBTS.

Please note opinions given by rory32 are offered informally as a lay-person in good faith based on personal experience. For legal advice, you must always consult a registered and insured lawyer.

The truth is probably somewhere closer to the fact that they are on the rocks, or their directors want to take cash out fast before offloading the biz.

And i imagine that 75% could be wittled down to 50%, however i'd trump all that with a CCA request.

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales

The truth is probably somewhere closer to the fact that they are on the rocks, or their directors want to take cash out fast before offloading the biz.

And i imagine that 75% could be wittled down to 50%, however i'd trump all that with a CCA request.

Quite a while ago out of the blue I was offered a 60% discount from these muppets, they probably only paid about 10%. I offered them nothing and they went away.

I must admit I smiled when I first read the letter :)

But then I got angry :mad: as I've been paying this since 2003 and never missed a payment, currently paying £10 a month, well that's going to stop now as I need it for my gas meter!

I might send them a similar letter quoting my Christmas Offer of £1 a month:)

Love the Christmas Offer headline on the letter, do as suggested and send them a christmas card with a cca request included:D

Make sure you use this christmas card!

http://www.code-d.com/tesco-cards/tesco-value-merry-christmas.pdf

Love the line on "sincerity guaranteed"

• Haha 1

If my advice or input has helped, by all means tip my scales