Natwest OD - Can a CCA request be applied to an overdraft?

Taz11
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5648 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi taz,

sorry no you can't CCA an overdraft. That's only for credit card and loans.

If you are going to try and get charges back you need to SAR them instead. This costs £10 and I can give you the letter, I have it somewhere. send it recorded delivery, pay with a postal order,not a cheque and do not sign your letter,just print your name. with a little luck you will get back reams of paper detailing your record with the bank and it should show all fees and charges.

fox

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

While I have no idea what would happen to the overdraft if the house doesn't sell, if you go bankrupt, the bank becomes another creditor however, have you thought about reclaiming your bank charges(if their is any) due to the hardship rules. Most bank account charge claims will be stayed by the courts until a test case has been heard but if you are suffering financial hardship due to bank charges, you can apply for them to be refunded.

If you haven't done so, I'd recommend you opening another bank account that has no relation to the bank you are with.

sorry I can't be more useful than that. I'm still picking up valuable information. I wouldn't immediately go with my advice but wait and others will look at your post and give more advice, especially those going through the same issues as you.

fox

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

I do think bankruptcy is the last resort but it may come to that if one of your creditors take you to court. As I see it, that is your only asset.

Have a look at the letters ida has given you the link for. there are lots of ideas in there to choose from.

With your creditors, if you start a different thread for each one(if you want to that is) and keep the peeps on here informed of your progress, we may be able to help you reduce your liability. For example, if a creditor has no valid credit agreement, you can then decide whether to stop paying them, agree a substantially reduced monthly amount or if you are able to afford it in the future, a full and final settlement.

Your credit file is stuffed for the next few years anyway so you may as well use the system for yourself.

good luck

fox

• Haha 1

Taz,

YOU have taken the step to sort out your life, firstly by acknowledging the problem, secondly by not burying your head in the sand like I and quite a few others did before finding CAG. Yes it's going to take a while to sort yourself out but from the sound (?) of things you are strong and willing to take on the big guys.

You will get all the support you need even if it's only moral but there are loads of people on this forum who have been in the exact position you find yourself in so you'll never be alone in your trials and tribulations.

You can't go any further down so the only way is up!:)

fox

ps thanks for the tickle!!

------

Edited by silverfox1961
didn't read post properly

Fed up,

Absolutely, there are some O/D where a CCA can be used but I've also seen it somewhere that they are few and far between. Obviously you've had some experience of this where I'm just ripping off what I've read on the forum so please give Taz some good advice.

I am still quite green as well so whenever I am corrected I try to use that information the next time it comes up. I don't like asking for scale tickles but I gratefully accept them and I would never slate somebody who's wrong but gently push in the right direction:-D consider yourself tickled

fox:)

Fedup

We really seem to be hijacking Taz's thread but i'll say my bit.

I have no problem being told when I'm wrong but Nobody will disrespect me. That's the problem as I see it, lots of different personalities who say things in a way they think is ok but another person sees it as bad mouthing. Your post was as reasonable as I'd expect. you did so politely and as such you deserved a respectful reply which I hope I did.:)

With text replacing actual words it's so very hard to show emotion or humour even with emoticons so I always try to take a minute to form a respectful reply.

I've said this before and I'm sure I'll say it again lots more,

" If you have nothing nice to say, don't say anything"

Hijack over:-D

fox

• Haha 1

This is exactly what i was saying. I was talking in general about your problem when you were slated for expressing an opinion.

You were never disrespectful to me and I appreciate that:)

Don't worry about having your say. If people can't accept your opinion, that's their problem. I've read quite a few of your posts on other threads and found them to be reasonable so carry on doing the good work.

Right, bed time. Catcha soon

fox:-D