Orange are stealing my top up

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5631 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last week I bought my partner a sim card for Orange as I am with Orange myself and the calls would be cheaper.

In my local shop is a offer that if i top up £10 I get a free sim and a can of Tango. I did this got home. Put the new sim in my phone and topped up. The sim is refusing to register though and is a faulty sim.

I rang back up Orange who advised me it was a faulty sim and to take it back to the shop and exchange it for another Sim which I did. I got told the balance would be transferred over.

The new sim also failed to register so I ordered some free ones from the net. They arrived today and it registered.

I rang up Orange to ask them to transfer the balance and I got told there is nothing they can do and I have now lost the £10.

What can I do?

Absolute twaddle that they cannot transfer the balance! Ring them again and tell them ver clearly that you have two mobile numbers and you would like to transfer the balance from one number to the other.

Give them the mobile number of the sim card that you did top up, you will need to provide some security details to prove that you have permission to transfer (e.g. date of topup, swipe card number, date of activation, etc.).

Then give them your new mobile number to transfer the credit onto (again, maybe some security questions here too).

The only reason i can think of for them not doing it is if you are unable to provide them with answers to their security questions. Give them another call, no need to tell them the ins and outs of broken sim cards, etc, just tell them you want to transfer a balance.