H Samuel and care on a ring

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5630 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I had my engagement ring bought last October, my finance purchased 3 years care for £17. Upon taking my ring in for its first annual service, they noticed one of the diamonds was actually missing. The ring was sent of for repair under the care package.

They decided that the cost of reparing the diamond would cost more than the actual ring, therefore they requested a replacement ring. Ok i did not mind this, however my fiance said what about if this was not good enough... as the replacement was not the original engagement ring. (Good point).

Once my replacement ring arrived we were then told that the original care bought does not cover the new ring, i believe as its a new item? So we now have to purchase a further 3 year care.

My argument is when they decided they would be replacing the ring, we were not told we would have to buy further care.... if we had said no i want the original one repaired, the cover i believe would have continued.

Is there anyway of getting around this? We have not yet purchased the further cover, we have 30 days.

Is there a way of arguing with H Samuel and getting the further care added due to lack or information from the store?

If so if anyone has a letter template and an address to write to, that would be wonderful.

Many thanks.